Majesty of the Seas

Hi! Anyone cruise on this ship? Did you like the 3-4 day trip to the Bahamas, Cococay, Nassau and Key West? Anything you can tell me about the food, cabins, service, would be greatly appreciated.

Cruised March 2007: Radaince of the Seas

Upcoming: May 2008: Mariner of the Seas

Yes, in fact got off at 0700 this morning and already back home over 900

miles away.

Generally speaking this a great cruise. We did the 3 day cruise mainly because we could only go over a weekend. That said I would not go out of my way to include Key West in my ship based travel plans although that would not keep me from picking a ship based itent.

The cabins are generally small unless you are in the suite class, we were on an inside for this cruise and spent most of our time outside the cabin. I never could get the cabin to cool down as much as I wanted so it was more comfortable elsewhere on the ship.

Unfortunately weather caused a miss at CoCo Cay and also kept seas a bit rough. The wind was the worst part causing the ship to rock even with stabilizers out. We had 25-30kt winds most of the time while at sea which made it rough.

J Rockets was great. Neat show, good food and great service once you get in and get a seat.

Windjammer was ok. It is buffet food which does not excite me too much so you may love the food up there. The view is good from either of those locations.

Dining room had excellent service. We had Tyrone from Trinidat and Tobogo serving us and he knew our name after the first night. Great table mates as well, most who are also already home in Naples, Orlando, Miami, and one couple on the way home to Philly.

This is a good opportunity to get your feet wet with cruising. You will have a good time and the deals for these cruises are pretty good if you have flexible travel dates.

Get out there and enjoy!!!

Johnny Rockets - yes, that's correct (although we didn't have a chance to eat there.)

All in all I think that the short Majesty cruises are very enjoyable, the only downside is the tight fit in standard cabins. However, being from Mechanicsburg, you probably don't have very high standards anyway. (Just joking, I have a brother that lives there.)

I was just on the 4 night one 2 weeks ago (about done with the pics so I can post a review).

Food:

We never ate in Johnny Rockets (a new addition w/ the refurb) or Compass Deli. We did eat at Sorrentos (ehh), Windjammer (good) and the Main Dining room. The Main Dining Room food was great and our waiter was Rakesh from India and William from Jamaica was our assistant. They were both spectacular. I don't recall the "theme" Monday night but we got Prime Rib and it was awesome. Tuesday night (formal night) is French, Wednesday night is Italian and Thursday night is International. If you have special diet needs do not be afraid to ask your waiter for something to be made. 2 of our table mates were vegetarian and our waiter had special indian food made for them all week. The midnight buffets were OK but nothing I'd loose sleep for.

Cabins:

We were in a Junior Suite on Deck 10 and loved it!! However we heard lots of griping from other people in "normal" decks that were not happy with their accomodations.

Service:

Really great. My DH's luggage was misplaced on the way to Miami and RCI went out of their way to help him. They flew it to Nassau and we got it the next day around 5 PM. However in the meantime we had shirts, a shaving kit and a tuxedo voucher given to us. The man at the desk was just awesome.

Our housekeeper was nice but nothing over the top and again, I could rave forever about our waiter!

I did the 4-day cruise in early Sept. and had a great time. There's so much to do on the ship: pool, shows, food, rock climbing, spa, etc. I've done the ports before, so I didn't do much on-shore, but I know from previous trips that there's enough to do to be happy. (I'd recommend a tour of Nassau or a walk around Atlantis in the Bahamas, the hammocks on CocoCay, and key lime pie on a stick in Key West.) The ship is nicely configured. Meals were not gourmet, but really quite delicious. I liked the cruise so much, I signed up to take the same cruise in December.

Hi! Anyone cruise on this ship? Did you like the 3-4 day trip to the Bahamas, Cococay, Nassau and Key West? Anything you can tell me about the food, cabins, service, would be greatly appreciated.

Cruised March 2007: Radaince of the Seas

Upcoming: May 2008: Mariner of the Seas

We felt it was a much different atmosphere compared to the longer Royal cruises we've done. Much more drinking and partying going on. Much younger demographic of passengers also. We didn't think the service in the dining room was as good either. We enjoyed the cruise because we love to cruise. :)

Archived