What You Love About Zenith

meganwithanh

Like the nice front office personell.

Like the great cruise staff.

Like the great waiters your bound to get.

Like the Sushi at 6:00pm every day.

Like the singer up at the pool in the early evening.

Like the nice people your about to meet all around the ship.

Like those beautiful pink beaches in Bermuda.

Like the relaxing horse and buggy ride right in front of the ship in Hamilton - great at night after dinner.

Like the relaxing breakfast you can have on the back deck every morning.

Like the cozy chair in the library to put your feet up and read a bit.

Like the inviting card room to play a few hands with your friends.

Like meeting the Captain and his staff.

Like just saying hello the the Consier.

Like greeting the Mater'd each evening as he stops by your table.

Like getting that perfect Martini in the Rondevos lounge.

Like getting dressed up for Island night on deck.

Like dancing at night in the Rainbow room.

Like meeting new people at sit down lunch in main Dining room.

Like getting that greeting as you board - with a glass of Champane.

Like sitting out at the pool and relaxing in the sun.

Like listining to the house band as you call the waiter over for the drink of the day.

Like winning that bottle of Champane in the ring toss game.

Like walking the deck about 7:00pm or so and watching the sun go down.

Like watching the pool games as you leave Bermuda.

Like thinking this is the best vacation I've had in a long time.

;) :) ;)

Have a great time.

All the way Aft on Deck 10 (Atlantic) there is a deck to sit out on with padded lounge chairs. It's so nice to sit out there. It's tiny and away from everything.

The staff is great. The waiters are terrific. If you have Joaquim and Kitty you will be in for a real treat, they were wonderful. Tell them Anne Maria said Hi.

You will also like that it is so easy to get around since the ship is not big at all and it's nicely laid out.

If there is anything you want to know, just ask. I have all the Dailies, I took them home with me.

Anne Maria

Hi Anna Marie:

Do you remember who the cruise director was? Did he have an assistant?

Yes, the Zenith is a nice ship. I enjoyed the friendly staff and professional crew last Nov. I am booked for the 14 day again this Nov. I especially enjoy the 6 days at sea. They have dozens of activities to keep me busy (if I wish!) I especially enjoyed the "battle of the sexes" and all of the trivia contests.

megan: I'm sure you will have a great time on the Zenith. ENJOY!!

Deb C,

The Cruise Director is Stewart Turnbull and his ACD is Francois. They are both very nice. Francois is allot of fun. I asked him for a kiss for good luck at the final snowball bingo and he kissed me on both cheeks, unfortunately I didn't win and some one else walked away with my $4,400.

I can only dream about a cruise with 6 days at sea right now. We have a son who is a sophmore in High School so we can only go away during school vacations.

Have fun on your trip.

Anne Maria

The two best things I can bring up are the Cruise Director and Social Hostess. Had the fortune to sail with Stewart Turnbull, CD, on the Mercury and Summit this year. Just had a blast with him. Tell him Rick and Kathy from the Summit and Barbados said "Hi".

Have met Tiffany, the SoHo, only through e-mail. Was attempting to contact on friend on the Zenith who was supposed to be SoHo. To my surprise, our friend had moved on. But Tiffany was a great help and I keep in touch. She will be on the Zenith until December when she moves to the Century.

Nice ship!

We sailed her around South America - a few faves:

Michael's club - a great little lounge and quiet spot

Cova cafe - a perfect place for chocolate croissants and people watching.

These are 1999 refurbishments to the Zenith. I like these areas also, but I think I like the old Harry's Tavern a bit better than the Cova cafe which replaced it. Felt a bit warmer to me.

A lot of what people mentioned are crew specific, these days I hope the crew is sticking with the same ship. When Celebrity was expanding it was hard to find the same crew on the same ships for longer than a few months.

On Zenith I love the Fleet Bar, a truly nautical observation lounge that is a nice size. I like the "carriage loungers" at the aft of the deck (Horizon has these also). I like the Martini lounge area, small, maybe undersized, but quite chic, a nook off to the side of the Rendezvous lounge. This was also added in 1999. I also like that the Windsurf cafe was redone and now flows better and is a lot nicer aesthetically, and the Rendezvous lounge was redone with much brighter appointments.

Overall I like the directness and the period feel of the ship. It's has lots of varied public space for its size and a good amount of deck space.

I have been on the Zenith twice. It's a great ship and a good size. Most of the newer ships are just getting too big for my taste.

My favorite spot on the Zenith is on the back of the ship on Sun deck. It's where the hot tubs are located. It's quiet and you have a nice view of the ships wake. Just to sip on a Miami Vice or BBC while sitting in the hot tub looking out at the ocean is like heaven : )

I also like the Fleet bar. It's a nice bar to go to for a cocktail.

There is a nice little area aft of deck 9 with some lounge chairs and a few ping pong tables. Also, aft of the buffet at lunch is a grill that makes really excellent burgers. After a few days, people discover them and it gets very busy back there.

The other thing I really like about the Zenith is that I'll be sailing on her again in November.

Rich--Which date in November are you sailing? Deb C and I are sailing Nov. 7, and we haven't heard from hardly anyone on our roll call list. So if anyone out there is sailing the Zenith this Nov. 7, please, please post on the "Zenith 11/7" roll call!!!

I agree with all of the above "favorite things." Can't wait to get back on the Zenith!

Arlene and Jim:

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Zenith. She is one of my favorite ships. Did you enjoy her back in 99?

Treat her nicely....for my 14 day cruise in Nov.

We will still enjoy the cruise even without the CC party, but they are fun to meet fellow cc members!

Deb C.

Archived