?s re plans for time in San Juan

Cruising Aussie Mum

We are booked on Liberty of the Seas in April. We are scheduled to be there from 3-10 pm. We will be a group of 9 (6 adults, 1 teen, a 10 year old and a 7 year old). This will be the first time to Puerto Rico for all of us - and we are all really excited about it!

This is what I am thinking, and I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice from people who have been there before: *Get off the ship ASAP (supposed to dock at 3pm) and walk or taxi to one of the forts to have a bit of a look. *Then walk back into town and take a Legends of Puerto Rico walking tour (I think this begins at 6pm and lasts for 2 hours). *With any time in between or after those two things, we would like to do some souvenier shopping and maybe see some salsa dancing (but not at a nightclub - more like street performances or maybe in a tapas bar or something else suitable for children). While shopping, I would really like to swing by the Hard Rock Cafe and pick up a couple of t shirts.

We leave at 10pm, so need to be back on the ship by 9 or 9:30. We would like to keep it all in that area around the cruise port and be able to just walk every where.

Does my plan sound reasonable and doable? Is the Hard Rock in the area of the other things we are doing? Which of the 2 forts is more of a "must see"? Will the fort and walking tour be interesting for children? I think that the Legends tours depart from just across the road from where the ship docks, is this correct?

Any thoughts or advice are welcome. Many thanks in advance.:D

Sounds like a plan. You might consider taking a cab up to El Morro. Its an uphill 30-40 minute walk from OSJ pier. Then walk back downhill going through OSJ souvenir shopping before picking up your walking tour. Hope you don't arrive late.

Both forts are good.

San Cristobel is the larger of the two, but El Morro (which seems to get more press) has a really nice grass area infront when you can fly kites :)

Note if you dock on a Tuesday, you may want to consider the small LeLoLai show that takes place at San Cristobel around 6pm (local music and dance show - I've heard good things about it)

The walk back from El Morro is also nice.

This post has some ideas:

http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/2007/05/pre-or-post-cruise-in-puerto-rico/

The tapas bar in El Convento would be a good option.

The walk through San Juan gate and along the Paseo La Princesa is also very nice

Sounds like a plan. You might consider taking a cab up to El Morro. Its an uphill 30-40 minute walk from OSJ pier. Then walk back downhill going through OSJ souvenir shopping before picking up your walking tour. Hope you don't arrive late.

Does anyone know how much a taxi will cost from the pier to El Morro?

Archived