how long from orlando airport to the port

sandestination

We have shuttle service from the airport to the port....I didn't kow if we would be pushed for time getting baggage pick up...from there to the port. If getting a shutttle back to airport what time needed. I have a returning flight at 1:11pm same day as ship docks

Thank you for your information. My airline hooked us up with hertz for a discount ??? the lady said we can rent a car 1 way with free shuttle from drop off to cruise 5 min away for $56.00 the return was $50.00. She said she didn't know if I would be off the ship to catch a 1:11 pm return flight home

Thank you for your information. My airline hooked us up with hertz for a discount ??? the lady said we can rent a car 1 way with free shuttle from drop off to cruise 5 min away for $56.00 the return was $50.00. She said she didn't know if I would be off the ship to catch a 1:11 pm return flight home

I was there in September also, and off the ship headed to the airport by 7:45. (That's a great price, our Budget was about $15 more but we did go in a day early, but it's still the easiest way to get to and from the port, it's a straight shot out the North gate onto the highway going east then that highway becomes A1A that is where all of the car rental places are. The Hertz place is about 2 miles after you're on A1A) Got a great perk when we checked in at American that early as we were probably the 1st to check in for an 11:45 flight and there were 2 1st class seats available for just $90 extra so we definately took that upgrade.

My only suggestion after you get checked in is to stay in the main part of the airport if you have time to waste instead of going on the shuttle out to the gate terminal. There are alot more shops and places to eat and such, but much more limited options once you get out to your gate.

Sounds like a good deal. You will have NO problem making a 1pm flight.

As okgirl said, if you go to the airport early just stay in the main area until closer till your flight for more options. You can have a leisurely breakfast on board, stroll off the ship by 9am, hit Ron Jon's for some souveniers and still have pleny of time to get to the airport! Have a great time!:)

We just returned from the 09/29 sailing of the Carnival Glory from Port Canaveral. We had a 1:45 flight from Orlando International. We used the new Luggag Express service through Carnival (WONDERFUL! They cruise line gives you luggage tags and boarding passes and takes your luggage directly to the airport for you) They started calling the self assist people at about 7:30 a.m. We waited until about 8:45 to go line up to get off. There was a LONG line to get off the ship as well as to get through customs. We ended up getting off the ship between 10:30 and 11:00. We had a Mears shuttle waiting to take us to the airport. It was about a 45 minute drive. We got to the airport and there was another LONG line to go through security at the airport. We then took the train thingy to our gate and still had plenty of time to make our flight. We never saw our luggge again until we arrived home. Everything made it safe and sound. I'll never struggle with all that luggage again. Luggage Express is the way to go in my opinion.

Lora

The purser's desk has the forms for the Luggage Express. You just fill out the form with all your flight information. You are only allowed 2 bags per person. Then you turn it in to the Purser's desk by 1:00 on Friday. Then your luggage tags and boarding passes are delivered to your cabin. You just place the luggage tags on your bags and put them outside your cabin door between 9:00 and 11:00 on Friday night. The stewards pick up your bags and you don't see them again until you get home. The cruiseline takes care of everything. The cost is $15 per person (well worth it).

As far as the shuttle goes, we had 8 people in our shuttle and it ended up being $32.00 per person for a round trip. The total cost was $250.00. I called around and their prices were the most reasonable. You can set up a van, towncar or limo. Give them a call or go to their website and check it out. They even had a DVD player and cartoons for the kids on the ride. I was very satisfied with the service we received.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Lora

thank you so much everyone has been so helpful. I had already paid for transfers from carnival but I am now going to do the car rental. I didn't realize there was even a drop off there. I also thought I would have to pay to park now that I know that isn't so....I am thrilled. I am sure I can get a refund on my transfers. The lady that took my car reservation said you leave the car in cape canaveral and they have a free shuttle that runs as soon as you get there to the port.... and you can get a shuttle free from the ship to the car rental again....Are any of the roads Toll roads?

Thanks

Lynda

Archived