Tell me about Port Everglades

NCTribeFan

I'm sailing on Carnival Miracle on 12/17. Flying down on Sunday night at staying at the La Quinta, Hollywood.

This will be my first experience sailing out of Port Everglades. I'd like to hear some opinions.

How early should we arrive to board? Carnival says boarding begins at 1:30 for a 4 pm sailing.

I've sailed out of Port Canaveral the past 3 times and loved how smoothly embarkation went. The only thing I didn't like was arriving early (had an early flight) and having to stand outside in the sun while we waited for them to open the doors. There were a lot of people there early!

I don't want to get to Port Everglades and stand outside for an hour, but I like to board as early as possible.

Any info about the cruise terminal and ease/difficulty of embarkation would be appreciated.

:)

Simply put, Port Everglades is a breeze to negotiate. Over 3 million cruise pax pass thru the port every year. Disregard the posted Carnival boarding time of 1pm. If they ahdered to that boarding time they would not be able to set sail by 4pm. Arrive at the port by 11am you'll be on line for the buffet before noon. ;)

//////////////

We sailed from Port Everglades last Jan. and unlike years past it took our van almost half an hour from the checkpoint gate to the ship. When we got onboard we understood why...looking out at all the different berths, I counted at least 10 or 12 ships. It was really awesome to see so many in one area. We sailed the Miracle from N.Y. last May and really liked that size ship. Have a great cruise.

Wow! If we had an earlier flight, I probably would've booked somewhere where we might've had a view of the docks.

Now I'm gonna have to go find out how many ships are going to be in port that Monday!

Had probably the BEST turkey from the carving station last December when we boarded the Elation. It was fantastic. Better than my mom's Thanksgiving Butterball!

Lunch on the Lido Deck! I can almost taste it. :D

Archived