snorkeling Anse Chastanet

xeena

we will be in St Lucia aboard the Amsterdam on dec 18. not sure if we dock or tender....but i read that there is good snorkeling from the beach. We have our own equipment.....anyone have experience taking a cab there and back to do about 1.5 hours of snorkeling?

i think our port time is limited.....would hate to miss the ship !! we are there from 8 am till 3 pm.

You might find Anse Cochon a better bet. Really beautiful beach, good snorkeling (but beware of the strong current if you go out too far), funky little beach bar, and above is Ti Kaye Village resort, which has spectacular views. It's also closer to the port and you're more likely to find a taxi that will go there and wait for you. Anse Chastenet is also very beautiful and has very good snorkeling, restaurant/bar, but most taxis will not go that far (over an hour over some scary roads, and the last half mile or so in to the resort is one of the worst "roads" I've ever seen - apparently the resort likes it that way to discourage too many day-trippers). Do a web search of Ti Kaye Village to see some images of the Anse Cochon area. We will definitely be returning there on our next cruise in April!!

You can arrange for a water taxi to take you to either place but I doubt they will be going back soon enough for your 3 p.m. sailing.

Gene and Kathy from Cape Cod

Archived