Least expensive cruise EVER ?

susycruise

Dec '01 - Carni Jubilee 5 day, OV @ $250pp, air @ $110pp

Apr '03 - Carni Legend 8 day, 8c balcony @ $575pp, air @ $130pp

Oct '05 - Carni Glory 7 day, 8d balcony @ $635pp, drove to port day prior (stayed w/family)

We thought they were good deals, at least that's the excuse we used:D

I would love to know about the best price you've ever paid for a cruise and how you found it. Please include your airfare if you are like me and live nowhere near a port. The reason I ask is I see so many CC members who have taken DOZENS of cruises - I would love to be in your shoes!! :) :confused:

I donot understand what you are looking for. The cheapest fare will probably be a one day cruise to nowhere where they drove to the port.

Prices differ widely based on port / time of year / itinerary / length / cruise line / when booked / port charges / ....... There is no way to make it apples to apples. You will always have apples to oranges.

I think I have to say the one we are booked on now. Empress of the Seas 11night thanksgiving... $549 inside guarantee. Airfare/ $89 each way jet blue.

We are on the Empress this Feb it was $661.00 pp. with tax & port plus a past guest cash off of 115.00 =app $600.00 pp. The air from Michigan to San Juan was not that good $550.00 for two round trip.

I would love to know about the best price you've ever paid for a cruise and how you found it. Please include your airfare if you are like me and live nowhere near a port. The reason I ask is I see so many CC members who have taken DOZENS of cruises - I would love to be in your shoes!! :) :confused:

No long after 9-11, 2001, we found a great deal for Sovereign of the Seas, a 3 nighter for $189 a person,we actually took this cruise the weekend before Thanksgiving.

At the time we were so stressed (like everyone else) and we had taken a cruise back in late May of that year- when we had gone to Alaska, so we had really spent our vacation budget for the year-since Alaska cost us considerably more then our usual caribbean cruise-but when we found that price-we had to go and we did!

I donot understand what you are looking for. The cheapest fare will probably be a one day cruise to nowhere where they drove to the port.

Prices differ widely based on port / time of year / itinerary / length / cruise line / when booked / port charges / ....... There is no way to make it apples to apples. You will always have apples to oranges.

You mean that Discovery cruise to Freeport from Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport? I have seen that ship and it is so SMALL and OLD! then there is another ship that goes overnight from Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau-it is very cheap too and the only ship the cruiseline owns-I forget the name-but I have heard that ship is very old and a piece of garbage and would make Carnival Holiday look like the lap of luxury in comparison.

I like to save money-but we must face it-cheapest is not always the "best deal".

Years ago we took Seaescape, a line very similiar to Discovery that I believe is out of business now, because we wanted to take a cruise and could not really afford to and that was cheap-we were not impressed at all-and it was 9 years before we took Carnival Tropicale-our true first cruise-and as bad as many say that ship was-it was so much better then the Seaescape-we thought-WOW! and it was that old Tropicale that HOOKED us on cruising!

Today I booked a 12 day transatlantic on the Norwegian Gem for $299/person for an inside.

when does it leave? Maybe I should check it out-I loved my transatlantic and I am ready for another! Now if you can get a great price on airfare! but don't cut that too much as you will need leg room for the long flight! some things are worth spending money on!

when does it leave? Maybe I should check it out-I loved my transatlantic and I am ready for another! Now if you can get a great price on airfare! but don't cut that too much as you will need leg room for the long flight! some things are worth spending money on!

I found it-it leaves in Dec. from Barcelona to Boston and it is 9 days-but only one stop in fungal-so mostly sea days-still a great price! but I would have went for the $499 balcony! I wish I had the time to go!

The best deal I ever got was a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise on Princess in 1995. There was a last minute cancellation on an OV cabin and we got it for $299 (plus taxes, etc.). I lived in San Francisco at the time so with airfare and everything it was about $400 per person.

WOW some of you got really great deals.Well ours,a family of 5 was $693 each, Canadian.Thats 2 inside cabins.Our flights round trip from St John's to Orlando were $600 each for 3 people,got the other 2 on airmiles.Staying in Orlando for 10 days before cruise.:D

My personal best was a 7 day New England/Canada cruise on Carnival for $239, for a balcony, including the single supplement. It was right after 9/11, when most of the airports were still closed. The ship was originally scheduled to embark from New York, but they changed that to Boston as the port of New York was still closed. Very last minute. I live in Boston, so just cab fair to the port. Found out from my travel agent who gave me a frantic call 3 days before the cruise.

We are going on Enchantment B2B in Jan. Did an inside room, $309 for first 5 nights, and $289 for second 5 nights. We booked on board Mariner, so we will have $50. OBC each segment. I will then cash in 15,000 points on my RCCL Visa for $150. off each segment. My TA will give me a little more OBC. That totals $896 for 10 nights on the ocean for both of us, but we do still need to get our air. Hopefully, we will find a great deal down, but will definitely get it for $400. round trip.

First, I have to apologize for misstating the length --- it's nine days, not twelve. (We disembark on 12/12). It's on the Norwegian Gem --- brand, brand new ship. We're using FF miles; yes it's a long flight. Worth it for the experience, though, I think. This will be our first TA. Can't wait!

Beth

I found it-it leaves in Dec. from Barcelona to Boston and it is 9 days-but only one stop in fungal-so mostly sea days-still a great price! but I would have went for the $499 balcony! I wish I had the time to go!

Answered your first post before I saw this one. All those sea days are fine with me. Sometimes I get "ported out." There is a wonderful large Roll Call group with several activities planned. I'm also looking forward to lots of down time with no phone, but with lots of books. Didn't see any reason to spend the $$ on a balcony, since it's likely to be quite cold and blustery on the Atlantic in Dec. Last year's Dec. crossing was a nightmare, I've heard.

I saw a 4 nighter last month that was discounted for seniors and/or former cruisers for $179, but Miss Ginger couldn't get off of work then.:mad: I couldn't get her to quit, either.

Anyone want to run away with an old coot that likes to eat and snorkel?

Archived