All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

Anyone reading from the Dec. 23 or Dec. 30 Voyager yet? I too want to go to Portofino on Caribbean menu night in the dining room and was hoping someone one would know. I'm dying that I can't plan this in advance!

Nine of us leave in 3 days and I'm too excited!

There are some on here that just got back but I haven't seen them post in a while. I guess their still doing laundry:p I would like to know what C & A gift were handed out?

I hope you have a great cruise and please,please leave the ship in good shape and re stocked for ME:D

Somebody PLEEEEEASE post a review of Voyager out of Galveston. DH and I are scheduled to depart on the 27th of this month (January). I would like to know opinions about ports of call. Also, what are the perks for the consierge lounge? We booked a balcony cabin on the 9th deck near the lounge and are curious to know what to expect. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Isn't there stuff like pizza and sandwiches available somewhere other than the Windjammer? Where is the Island Grill and what do they serve? Is Ben and Jerry's ice cream available, where, and was there a charge for it? I'm just trying to get my bearings on food availability before we board. It's our first time on Voyager and I'll probably stay completely lost for the first couple of days.

Isn't there stuff like pizza and sandwiches available somewhere other than the Windjammer?

Yes Yes Yes Yes ........The promenade cafe is open 24 hours - has all that and more ..... cookies! & milk & iced tea & coffee & hot choc & lots of other stuff .......... It is on deck 5 at the forward end of the promenade.

Where is the Island Grill and what do they serve?

The Island Grill is just aft of the Windjammer and serves hamburgers, hot dogs, sushi, fries, some other deserts, and a few extra entrees. Just don't stop at the end of the Windjammer line and you will find the Grill.

Is Ben and Jerry's ice cream available, where, and was there a charge for it?

Ben & Jerry's is tucked into the promenade cafe. Besides ice cream it is also a bar. So, you can have a Rum Float :eek: if you wish.

I'm just trying to get my bearings on food availability before we board. It's our first time on Voyager and I'll probably stay completely lost for the first couple of days.

We were happily supprised not to be lost our first time on Voyager. It is relatively easy to keep you bearings because it is laid out like most of the other RCI ships - just bigger. Two things to remember: 1- All food is aft except promenade cafe. Lounges and bars are everywhere! 2- You can't go from the aft centrum to the forward centrum on deck 3. The vault is in the way. Okay, 3 things: Only the aft port elevators go above deck 12. Okay, one more ....... The Viking Crown Lounge has 5 other named areas within it. To get to any of them by elevator you have to use the port side aft elevators.

See, that was easy! :p

Thanks for the "Sushi info" I guess I'll have to make to the starboard side side of the Island Grill after muster drill. :D just over 9 days now...

it wasn't RIGHT after muster, more like 5:30 or so.

Isn't there stuff like pizza and sandwiches available somewhere other than the Windjammer? Where is the Island Grill and what do they serve? Is Ben and Jerry's ice cream available, where, and was there a charge for it? I'm just trying to get my bearings on food availability before we board. It's our first time on Voyager and I'll probably stay completely lost for the first couple of days.

promenade has a cafe that has all of that--instead of solarium on vision ships. Island Grill is at the very front of the ship--you have to go through WJ to get there--when you first go in WJ, there will be a line--just pass them up and go to the back, they usually had the same thing in the back , PLUS. in the mornings, that is where the omelet station is.

Yes you will be confused at first, trust me, but it gets easier the more you are on her. JUST REMEMBER ALL FOOD (except promenade cafe) is in BACK and all lounges are in front--that will be the best thing to remember to get your bearings.

don't knwo about ben & jerry's-yes it is there--in promenade next to cafe, but I didn't go there

it wasn't RIGHT after muster, more like 5:30 or so.

promenade has a cafe that has all of that--instead of solarium on vision ships. Island Grill is at the very front of the ship-:o -you have to go through WJ to get there--when you first go in WJ, there will be a line--just pass them up and go to the back, they usually had the same thing in the back , PLUS. in the mornings, that is where the omelet station is.

Yes you will be confused at first, trust me, but it gets easier the more you are on her. JUST REMEMBER ALL FOOD (except promenade cafe) is in BACK and all lounges are in front--that will be the best thing to remember to get your bearings.

don't knwo about ben & jerry's-yes it is there--in promenade next to cafe, but I didn't go there

You meant to say back of the ship :rolleyes: Bet you are editing this one right now. My DW caught me making the same flip several times on board. I don't know why it is just so easy to do.

Hey guys, I did post a mini-review a couple of pages back in this thread! I can try to answer questions if you want....since the reviews are few and far between. :)

Ok please tell me what C & A gift was given out?

What nights were formal nights? Monday & Friday?

Does anybody know if you can open up the dividers between cabins out on the balacony on the Voyager so you can hang out with your neighbors next door if so desired? I had one RCI rep tell me no and then another said yes to just ask you room attendant.

Does anybody know if you can open up the dividers between cabins out on the balacony on the Voyager so you can hang out with your neighbors next door if so desired? I had one RCI rep tell me no and then another said yes to just ask you room attendant.

Some dividers open and some don't. The ones that do require bolts be removed on both sides. Cabin attendants may be able to do it ...... or not.

msunrullieone - did you tender in Grand Cayman and how was your experience? We have a private tour scheduled and just wondered how hard it was to get tendered into shore and what the procedure is when you don't book with RCI?

msunrullieone - did you tender in Grand Cayman and how was your experience? We have a private tour scheduled and just wondered how hard it was to get tendered into shore and what the procedure is when you don't book with RCI?

If you are not on a tour booked through Royal Caribbean, I believe it will be on a first come first served basis with priority given to those with Royal Caribbean early excursions.

I don't know if they still pass out tender tickets or not. If they do, be in line early if you want to get off the ship as soon as possible.

Pete, can you or someone else give a definite answer on the tender tickets?

Everyone tenders at Grand Cayman but they have the larger 300 pax tenders with two at a time boarding so it doesn't take too long to empty the first rush. When tender tickets are available you should try to get early numbers - In other words get in line early and bite the bullet while waiting. Tender tickets were not used on the TA but I've been told they will be used as soon as they reinstate the system. IMHO: If you allow an hour from arrivial time you should be OK.

Ok please tell me what C & A gift was given out?

What nights were formal nights? Monday & Friday?

We got blue tote bags--my husband thought they looked too girly. My son got a blue DVD game holder from Adventure Ocean.

Formal nights were Monday and Thursday.

We tendered in GC--the tender wait was about 15 minutes going back.

We got blue tote bags--my husband thought they looked too girly. My son got a blue DVD game holder from Adventure Ocean.

Formal nights were Monday and Thursday.

We tendered in GC--the tender wait was about 15 minutes going back.

If you are going to be here for a minute or two I'd like to post a menu and get you to tell me if it is the one you remember ........... thanks

Does anyone have the menu (with the days in order) for the Voyager now that she is in Texas , I am trying to plan when I would like to make Portofino reservations. Thanks in advance. Have a Great Day!:)

I'm working on it and if I get it I'll post it here and on it's own thread. :)

Hi! I posted these questions on the thread about the lack of Voyager reviews, but I thought I might get a better response over here since this is for questions.

For those of you going in the next few weeks, I have some specific questions. I need this information so I can obsess over every detail:rolleyes: and have my "action plan" for right after I board!:D

1. When are formal nights? I assume the first one is Monday. Is the second one on Friday?

2. What days/evenings is the ice show?

3. Which night has the Caribbean menu in the dining room?

4. What time did boarding start and how is the space in the terminal with the larger passenger load?

Thanks in advance for your help! Keep the ship in good shape for us, and hurry back!

Archived