Can I pay for a higher cabin after final payment is made?

tripman

My situation is the following. We have a cabin booked for a March cruise. Final payment is due near the end of december. I expect to get my annual "raise" in January at some time. Depending on the raise, we might want to upgrade.

Is that possible? I know that once the final payment is made, you can't cancel (without penalty of course), but what if you want to give more money to get a higher category cabin?

Intuition says that a company wouldn't refuse a customer wanting to pay more, but intuition isn't always right when dealing with a cruiseline.

Sure, they will always take your money.

But be warned. If the new HIGHER level cabin actually costs less than what you are paying now, what they charge you could be just about anything. There may not be any logic in the new charge.

And please, lets not start another 10 page thread about how NCL prices people that have already paid their final payment, and sales and reductions, etc. There are plenty of threads already about that.

Still, check and see what they have when the time comes.

But be warned. If the new HIGHER level cabin actually costs less than what you are paying now, what they charge you could be just about anything. There may not be any logic in the new charge.

Still, check and see what they have when the time comes.

Good point. If that happens, they are better off holding out for an "upsell". Which can only be a "wish"...but wishes do come true;)

tripman...watch those prices BEFORE your final payment is due...you can do well by always checking the prices.

Good Luck:)

I upgraded our cabin after final payment when I received a bonus. I upgraded from an obstructed oceanview cabin (category G) on the PofAm to a BC aft balcony cabin. I didn't get any discounts, but didn't expect any. I wanted the aft balcony and was willing to pay the extra money for it. The price, to me ($1209.00) per person was well worth it to get the cabin I wanted in the located I wanted. NCLA was more than happy to take my money (but I was also happy to give it to them). I did this last week, when we were 35 days from sailing.

I upgraded our cabin after final payment when I received a bonus. I upgraded from an obstructed oceanview cabin (category G) on the PofAm to a BC aft balcony cabin. I didn't get any discounts, but didn't expect any. I wanted the aft balcony and was willing to pay the extra money for it. The price, to me ($1209.00) per person was well worth it to get the cabin I wanted in the located I wanted. NCLA was more than happy to take my money (but I was also happy to give it to them). I did this last week, when we were 35 days from sailing.

Good for you!

Enjoy your cruise and please post a review:)

I read that thread. Thanks for posting ther link. I don't have any NCL shore excursions planned. I have reserved cars through Hertz and Thrifty at each port call (all Hawaii). We are also taking a Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of Kaua'i. The same excursions that we are doing cost about 50% or more do do through the ship.

Anyway, very excited for the aft cabin on the PofAm, and to see Hawai'i again! This board has been an incredible tool in preparation!

Archived