Does NCL have Express Check Out?

Ruth

Does anyone know if NCL have express check out? I know my husband and I have done it on Carnival were you take your own luggage off the ship...

Does NCL allow this?

Ruth,

NCL does offer what they call "Express Disembarkation" with the following caveats:

1) You must sign up for it in advance. It'll usually be announced in the Freestyle Daily 2 days prior to the end of the cruise. You fill out a form & turn it in at the reception desk.

2) You have to be able to carry all of your luggage off the ship.

3) I believe it's only available for US citizens when disembarking at US ports.

We did it twice in NYC off the Spirit. In March '06 it was a nightmare; the passageways & elevators were totally jammed. It took us 90 minutes to get off. This was a spring break cruise so EVERYBODY elected to use Express Disembarkation. :eek: After this debacle NCL started limiting the number of pax that were allowed to use Express and cut it off after it reached a certain number. So if you do decide to avail yourselves make sure you sign up as soon as it's announced. ;)

In October '06 we were off the Spirit in five minutes!!! They announced it at 9:30AM and by 9:40 we were across 12th Avenue in NYC hailing a cab to get to Penn Station! A much better experience!

Tom & Eileen :D

We were on the 4th floor and the other pasanger were so rude above us that they would take the elevator down from the floor above because all the upper decks were waiting for the up elevators. When to door opened, it was full evertime with smirks and stares of " who care is you guys have to wait, we got your elevator". After about 10 tries we had to lug our luggage up 2 decks to get out and it was total KAOS! I think I would just like to sit on the ship and wiait for it to clear out next time. There is nothing "express" about express checkout! I think the cruise lines should have a system where the crew actually guides each floor out a deck at a time for express check out. Guard the elevetors and don't let your deck leave until the floor below (or above, however they choose) you has been cleared. There is absoultely no rhyme or reason they can't do this in an orderly fashion. I would hate to have a real emergency! If people behave this badley jsu tto go home, inaging how they would behave in an abondoned ship!!!!:eek:

We were on the 4th floor and the other pasanger were so rude above us that they would take the elevator down from the floor above because all the upper decks were waiting for the up elevators. When to door opened, it was full evertime with smirks and stares of " who care is you guys have to wait, we got your elevator". After about 10 tries we had to lug our luggage up 2 decks to get out and it was total KAOS! I think I would just like to sit on the ship and wiait for it to clear out next time. There is nothing "express" about express checkout! I think the cruise lines should have a system where the crew actually guides each floor out a deck at a time for express check out. Guard the elevetors and don't let your deck leave until the floor below (or above, however they choose) you has been cleared. There is absoultely no rhyme or reason they can't do this in an orderly fashion. I would hate to have a real emergency! If people behave this badley jsu tto go home, inaging how they would behave in an abondoned ship!!!!:eek:

That happen to us last time on Carnival. We couldn't keep the family together and only 4 of us traveling together...You just solved there problem...You should write them...That is a great idea....

Thanks...

All the Best,

Ruth

Archived