s-type room differences on Zuiderdam

Harry1954

In looking at a future cruise, we noticed that there were several listings for S-type rooms. There was SA, SB, SC that appeared to have about same size room that we had used on other HAL ships.

Can anyone explain what the differences are as there appears to be price differences - and why would one be better than the other?

harry

The following is true for all Vista class ships:

SA, SB, and SC all have the Neptune Lounge and other deluxe suite perks. Difference is location, and I think at least some SCs are a little smaller.

SS, SY, and SZ are smaller than the above, and do not qualify for Neptune Lounge, though they do have some lower-level "suite" perks - check HAL's site for details. However, they are larger than the V-series cabins and have nice big verandas.

In looking at a future cruise, we noticed that there were several listings for S-type rooms. There was SA, SB, SC that appeared to have about same size room that we had used on other HAL ships.

Can anyone explain what the differences are as there appears to be price differences - and why would one be better than the other?

harry

If you look at the deck plans you'll see virtually all SA suites are on Deck 7, SBs are on 6 and SCs have those elongated balconies that have such an unfortunate lack of privacy from the decks above that the Vistas are bing reconfigured to ass another 3 cabins to help alleviate the problem.

If you look at the deck plans you'll see virtually all SA suites are on Deck 7, SBs are on 6 and SCs have those elongated balconies that have such an unfortunate lack of privacy from the decks above that the Vistas are bing reconfigured to ass another 3 cabins to help alleviate the problem.

Thanks .. that explains it ... I see that SAs are the ones that parallel the S-type on Maasdam and that group of ships.

harry

Harry, I got a really nice two category upgrade from an SZ to an SS by buying into their Guaranty deal. I noted that there were only two SZ cabins and nowhere did I find those cabins available so took my chances.

I am wondering if the same woudl not be true with the limited number of SCs and frankly, SBs. It might be worth taking a shot and saving some money.

Harry, I got a really nice two category upgrade from an SZ to an SS by buying into their Guaranty deal. I noted that there were only two SZ cabins and nowhere did I find those cabins available so took my chances.

I am wondering if the same woudl not be true with the limited number of SCs and frankly, SBs. It might be worth taking a shot and saving some money.

great idea, I will pass on to the boss and see what she thinks. thanks.

harry

Archived