Thanks Murray... Skagway to Emerald Lake was awesome!

Sandy R

My husband and I just returned from our Alaska cruise and the definite highlight was the drive from Skagway to Emerald Lake, thanks to Murray's extensive milespost guide. And, we met Murray while in Carcross which was the icing on the cake! We used Murray's guide to the letter... felt we saw and did it all. The only disappointment was the Cinnamon Cache... not our cup of tea, didn't eat there and instead ate where the ship's bus tours ate, which was adequate. The drive was easy and we took our time... probably 5+ hours in all. I took 100's of photos... the scenery was beautiful. When we returned to Skagway, we had plenty of time to see the town and also visit the old cemetery with it's waterfall, which I would definitely recommend.

Sandy

It was great getting to meet you and Ira, Sandy - I'm really pleased that I was able to help out with your trip.

I'll be home today from my last tour of the season, then on Saturday Cathy and I are off to Juneau for a 4-day pleasure trip - a great way to enjoy the last days of summer. We ran into snow on the Top of the World Highway out of Dawson a few days ago, and the fall colours around Kluane Lake will be peaking in the next few days, so once we get back from, Juneau we'll be in full winter-preparation mode - getting in lots more firewood, storing summer stuff, re-insulating the bedroom floor, etc etc...

Murray

My husband and I just returned from our Alaska cruise and the definite highlight was the drive from Skagway to Emerald Lake, thanks to Murray's extensive milespost guide. And, we met Murray while in Carcross which was the icing on the cake! We used Murray's guide to the letter... felt we saw and did it all. The only disappointment was the Cinnamon Cache... not our cup of tea, didn't eat there and instead ate where the ship's bus tours ate, which was adequate. The drive was easy and we took our time... probably 5+ hours in all. I took 100's of photos... the scenery was beautiful. When we returned to Skagway, we had plenty of time to see the town and also visit the old cemetery with it's waterfall, which I would definitely recommend.

Sandy

Are you going to post some of your pictures of the beautiful scenery? Sure hope so!

Brunolvr... for this trip, I finally bought a digital camera. I took photos with my new digital and with my SLR camera. I just returned home Sunday and still have to sort through my photos. Not exactly sure how to post them on the board but I'll try to post a few. Also, shortly after we took off from SEATAC, the pilot pointed out Mt. Ranier out the window. My husband took a fantastic photo of it... we were close enough to reach out and touch it. It was very exciting!

Sandy

Brunolvr... for this trip, I finally bought a digital camera. I took photos with my new digital and with my SLR camera. I just returned home Sunday and still have to sort through my photos. Not exactly sure how to post them on the board but I'll try to post a few. Also, shortly after we took off from SEATAC, the pilot pointed out Mt. Ranier out the window. My husband took a fantastic photo of it... we were close enough to reach out and touch it. It was very exciting!

Sandy

Can't wait to see your pictures. You might try posting them on this website that a lot of cruise critics use: http://community.webshots.com/

Archived