CB Buffet - Food Choices

jt58203

I would like to hear what they serve--are there many salads, types of potatoes, meats, desserts, etc. What sort of main dishes--gourmetish or common stuff?

I think there is a nice mix of "regular"food and more gourmet offerings. There is almost always a roast being carved. as well as prepared entrees --- I remember meat loaf with gravy, stuffed peppers, pork scallopini, stir frys,spare ribs and various baked fish and baked chicken recipes. There is usually a fried fish or seafood choice, and 2 kinds of soup, and at least one pasta dish. Then you choose your accompaniments -- maybe a choice of mashed potatoes or french fries or rice pilaf, with at least a couple of hot vegetable dishes. Salad ingredients are plentiful, all the usual suspects for a green salad plus salad dishes like shrimp salad. And, of course, there is plenty of fresh fruit. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind the layout of the Horizon Court --- to me, the advantage of not having to go through the full line for 1 or 2 items weighs out over the sometimes confusing traffic flow.

I think the German Octoberfest (Bavarian) dinner buffet was on Wednesday on my recent Carribbean Princess cruise. It was one of my favorite meals on the ship! I could not confine myself to one plate either! I highly recommend it and also Sabatini's for the specialty restaurant.

Can the kids order off the adult menu on the CB? My 11 year old would rather eat French onion soup and sushi than mac and cheese and chicken nuggets!

I think that's wonderful! Although, my kids would say your kids have issues! I'M JUST KIDDING! Yes, they can order anything they want from either menu, and sometimes even off the menu.

Bill

Mexican night is AMAZING!!! great food... but u will get to know the people who are also trying to get food... lots of bumping and excusing yourself... with me atleast!! haha

OMG, Mexican night is DEFINITELY for me!!!! I could do that every night, I love Mexican and don't get to have it that often....plan to PIG OUT!!!!!:eek: ;) :D Oh goodie, goodie!!!!!

On the western Caribbean run, Mexican night is the night they stop in Cozumel. The guacamole seems to be freshly prepared but I agree with the other poster that it needs some doctoring. There is some pico de gallo and onions available that I added to my guacamole.

I also recall two oriental lunch buffets, two dinner seafood buffets, and a "creole" night. Even though they would have "themes" there was always "meat and potatoes" type food available.

I also don't mind the "stations" I can go directly to what I want, without waiting in a line to go through the entire buffet.

For any recent cruisers on CB - Is there still a Caribbean themed dinner in the dining rooms? If so, what night is it? I want to book one of the Specialty Restaurants for this night as the menus I've seen for Caribbean night don't really appeal to me.

Archived