Cell Phone Update- Sprint PCS

tadjr

Just a note I forgot to mention in the reviews. I have Sprint PCS and was able to use it in Anchorage (although only on one side of the room, the other side kicked into roaming charges. icon_biggrin.gif ) and also in Juneau I was able to use it after several tries. It didnt always connect the first time and if you hear the roaming notice, just hang up, move a little and try again! Got my bill and no roaming or other charges added.

We have the Sprint Flip Phones and could use it no problem on the ship when we were docked in Juneau. Didn't work in Skagway and we were too busy in Ketchikan to even notice.

Misty

Roll Call for the Grandeur 12/18/04. Come join us in New Orleans for the Christmas Season!! http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=389105961&r=699105961#699105961

Serenade of the Seas / Alaska / 08-07-05

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

Does anyone know if Sprint PCS works in Maui? I tried looking at their website and didn't even see it shown (ps I looked at thie post as I am starting to plan Alaska next year). Thanks.

Tammy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sprinkles:

Does anyone know if Sprint PCS works in Maui? I tried looking at their website and didn't even see it shown (ps I looked at thie post as I am starting to plan Alaska next year). Thanks.

Tammy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sprint works in Maui. We have friends who live there and that is their provider.

Bon Voyage!

Debbie

Our NCL Spirit/Superstar Leo Cruise!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bucsfan1029:

blueyz28 - How 'bout them bolts!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's good news about Sprint... I have to call home to check on the dog! icon_razz.gif

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT WE GOT THE CUP??? Stanley's getting a tan!

Tampa Bay Lightning

2004 Stanley Cup

"Stanley Got His Tan!"

Hi,

I just returned from Alaska and have SprintPCS. I do not have roaming as part of my plan - I called Sprint before I left and added "free and clear" (I think that was the name) for $5/per month. This allowed me to have roaming access without being charged a roaming fee. It just came out from my regular minutes. I just looked at my bill and I was not charged extra for my calls from Alaska.

blueyz - I still can't believe it!! We were at Disney yesterday (Saturday) and saw Dave there with the cup. Who's next? The D-Rays??? They have won 7 of their last 10!!

We're so luncky Royal Caribbean has a great satellite and sports bar on the Serende of the Seas. We were on the ship for games 4,5,6 and I would have been highly dissapointed had we missed them!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bucsfan1029:

blueyz - I still can't believe it!! We were at Disney yesterday (Saturday) and saw Dave there with the cup. Who's next? The D-Rays??? They have won 7 of their last 10!!

We're so luncky Royal Caribbean has a great satellite and sports bar on the Serende of the Seas. We were on the ship for games 4,5,6 and I would have been highly dissapointed had we missed them!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not holding my breath on the D-Rays! I'd loved to seen Dave and the cup at Disney!

I have a feeling that we may have had to postpone our trip if it was 2 wks ago!

Tampa Bay Lightning

2004 Stanley Cup

"Stanley Got His Tan!"

GO BOLTS!!!

I have a friend that owns Hattricks in downtown and she had pictures of some of the guys in the bar after the game. They let them take pix of the cup sitting on the bar and even pix of them holding it. She said Dave is a great guy and down to earth! They really looked like they enjoyed winning and taking care of the fans along the way. icon_cool.gif

Archived