Native Way Tour-QUESTIONS

Nicki61

Hello-I am looking in to NWT and need to know,

How long of a boat ride to the Stingrays?

How long of a boat ride to the Reef?

How long of a boat ride to Rum Point?

You see I am not the sea lover some are. I need to know how long of a ride to and from, I dont' want to be on a small boat for 45 minutes to a reef or sting rays.

So if anyone can fill me in I would most certainly appreciate it.

And just so I am clear it is a bus ride to the boat that takes you to the Rays, then the same boat takes you to the other 2 stops???

Nicki

I can answer some of your questions, but we took Moby Dick 's Tour...not Nativeway. Our boat ride to the Stingray Sandbar and reef took about 15-20 minutes...seemed fast.

The reef and Stingray sandbar are in very close proximity to each other. You can see one while you are at the other. It only takes a couple of minutes to go from one to the other.

When we first got to the sandbar, it was pretty full with other companies and cruise ship tours, so our guides took us to the nearly deserted reef and we did the snorkeling first. By the time we were finished, the Stingray sandbar had cleared out a lot and wasn't nearly as crowded.

Someone else can answer about Rum Point. We had a short port day and didn't go there.

If you want an idea of the Stingray tour and the boat size, I have pix and video clips throughout Parts 1, 3, & 4 of our cruise video. Use the links in my siggie!

Hello-I am looking in to NWT and need to know,

How long of a boat ride to the Stingrays? 15 Minutes

How long of a boat ride to the Reef? another 10 minutes

How long of a boat ride to Rum Point? probably about 10 minutes

You see I am not the sea lover some are. I need to know how long of a ride to and from, I dont' want to be on a small boat for 45 minutes to a reef or sting rays. I am not a good sailor either but its minimal your longest time is going to be from Rum Point back to the Marina probably about 20mins, they go quiet fast so its actually refreshing. Hold on to you hat!!

So if anyone can fill me in I would most certainly appreciate it.

And just so I am clear it is a bus ride to the boat that takes you to the Rays, then the same boat takes you to the other 2 stops??? Yes it is a bus to the Marina from where you dock there will be a guy holding out a sign when you get off the tender that says Nativeways.

Nicki

Hope this helped. 5 of us did this in September and had a blast, we all really had a great time the staff are friendly and helpful and fun. Lunch was very good also and with all that snorkelling everyone was ready for a bite to eat.

Hope this helps you

Sue

Thank you so much. Yes this answers my questions and calms my fears. Not fears but I just don't want to be on a little boat for 1 hr each way...not my idea of fun.

So thanks, I do hope we have fun.

Nicki

Archived