What side?

LondonJax

Hi London Jax - welcome aboard.

A few hints. You can usually EDIT an exisitng post for a few minutes after posting. And, in this situation, you could also just add to the existing message thread. Your two postings will get separated otherwise.

As to the question, in most ports, the side of the ship can change based on the needs of the harbormaster.

Can anyone tell me what side do we moor-up to in ports? Port or starboard-- left or right?

Ive always had good luck with starboard ( right side). All above are correct with , it depends on what ships are in port and other variables . But I have booked starboard and end up about 75% pier side .:cool:

mpk

We are on the Jewel for the 9 night Southern itinerary in February (same itinerary as the Pearl). Here is what I have been able to find out so far about docking.

Samana - no dock, tendering only

Tortola - It is a single pier with docking on either side so it could be either side of the ship. If there are more than three ships in, you could be tendering.

Antigua - It has two piers with docking on either side (so total of 4 ships). According to the info I've found, the Pearl will be docked at the south side of the Nevis St pier which means the port side would be against the pier (assuming they don't back the ship in!).

Barbados - It has a U shaped pier so you could be docked on either side.

St Lucia - It has three docks, again could be either side.

Part of the problem with determining which side is that it depends on the number of ships in the harbour, which pier the ship is assigned to and which way they dock - bow in or aft in! So you just never know for sure!!

Archived