Currency query

38anchor

This may sound like a very silly question, but I've just realised that on our forthcoming FOS w. Caribbean cruise we will be visiting quite a few countries.

Now as I am from the UK, I have got my $ Traveller Cheques, but will I also need currency for the countries I am visiting, or do they all accept US$?

Will I have to get a stash of Cayman Island Dollars, Jamaican Dollar's,Peso's just in case I want to buy something (even if its just a bottle of water).

If these places do accept $ or $TC's will I also need to take my passport as proof of who I am (if using Travellers cheques) or will a photocopy or photo driving licence card suffice?????

I know this may be a totally dumb question but I would hate to get somewhere and no be able to buy anything?

All the ports will take US $ but try to cash the checks on the ship and get some small bills. Sometimes the locals will tell you they don't have US change. A photo ID like you license will be fine. Don't worry you won't have any trouble spending money!!;)

Archived