Missing partner

Pugs

I am asking this question for a friend that will be going on a Carnival cruise in a few weeks, her question is what will happen if her travel partner at the last min. is a no show? Will they let her check in with out him/her?????? Will they charge her more money if the other person is a no show? the other person does not want to cancel in case they can come last min.

I don't think there will be any add'l charges....The money that was paid for the second passenger however would be kept by Carnival....If you change the name of the second passenger at the last minute, there is a $50.00 charge, which might be worth considering if they don't want to travel alone....

I am asking this question for a friend that will be going on a Carnival cruise in a few weeks, her question is what will happen if her travel partner at the last min. is a no show? Will they let her check in with out him/her?????? Will they charge her more money if the other person is a no show? the other person does not want to cancel in case they can come last min.

I assume the trip is paid for already. I guess it would mean that your friend would have more room. I don't think she would not be denied boarding.

I don't think there will be any add'l charges....The money that was paid for the second passenger however would be kept by Carnival....If you change the name of the second passenger at the last minute, there is a $50.00 charge, which might be worth considering if they don't want to travel alone....

She will not know till very last min. if the other person will be a no show...There will be people she knows on the cruise , so she will not really be alone.

I ended up on a cruise by myself because my roommate got bumped from her flight and never made it to Miami to catch the ship. I was never charged anything extra. She just lost all her money she paid for the cruise.

Did they let you check in with out her?

I knew when I boarded the ship that she had not boarded a flight for Miami yet. Therefore, I knew that she would not make it to board in Miami. I told them when I checked in what the situation was and that I had no idea if she would be able to meet up with the ship at the first stop. She was not able to because she had no insurance and her flight to Cozumel would have been more than she could afford. The purser's desk did check with me later to find out if she would be taking a flight to Cozumel and I told them that she wasn't coming. There were no more questions asked.

Why would it cost more, they will already be paying for 2

There is a fifty dollar charge to change. I had to change my daughters ticket. Her name changed slightly and I forgot about it. So yes it will at least cost 50.00

The only time I could see this being a problem would be if a person booked with the military rate and then he/she couldn't go, wouldn't they then up the fare of the other person to non military rate?

I am sure in the case that the rate would increase. We were booked under past guest rate, which we both would receive, so that was not a problem. I guess it could be though.

Thanks to all, I knew I could count on my cruise critic buddies to answer her question. This has made her feel a little better, and now I will inform you her partner is her boyfriend!!!They are coming from different states, Work relocated him a few weeks back.

Archived