Alaska - $100 on board credit for balcony

RWeGone4

Does anyone know about the Alaska - $100 on board credit for balcony promotion? It was sent to us in a brochure for Princess Circle members which we are. We booked through a TA and asked to apply the PT1/WT1 or PA1/WA1 promotion. The TA said the promotion did not apply to balconies that are discounted to them by Princess. Princess Circle staff say they can't talk to us about it without permission from our TA:confused: . No where in the brochure does it say it doesn't apply to discounted cruises. Any ideas?

Does anyone know about the Alaska - $100 on board credit for balcony promotion? It was sent to us in a brochure for Princess Circle members which we are. We booked through a TA and asked to apply the PT1/WT1 or PA1/WA1 promotion. The TA said the promotion did not apply to balconies that are discounted to them by Princess. Princess Circle staff say they can't talk to us about it without permission from our TA:confused: . No where in the brochure does it say it doesn't apply to discounted cruises. Any ideas?
We have gotten the Princess quoted discount / offer every time we've booked either directly or through a TA.

Log on online at Princess's site and see if the cabin cost quoted to you is >$100 more per person than what you are getting. If not, then you can transfer your booking directly to Princess and have them apply the offer, which you have in writing. Hurry though as some offers are time limited, although it might not say that.

I don't think I have ever heard of not being able to get an OBC because you paid a discounted price? But you learn something new every day here on the cruise boards.

But, I am sure if your TA discounted your fare, you will not be able to come close to that price with Princess, unless you get real lucky.

Hope you find a way to straighten this out. ;)

There was a Christmas promo I looked into a few years ago. It gave OBC, wine and preferred dining.

I called Princess to hold this and to get this package, we had to pay $200 more for the cabin then if we didn't get the package. We qualified for a different rate which was cheaper and didn't include the package - so we booked that instead.

I never transferred this to my agent (to find out more) as we decided to cancel the trip. The whole thing didn't surprise me though.

This must be the same $100 OBC that I asked about on another thread. (Princess Website Pricing Question?)

The $100 popped up when I signed in and went to check Princess pricing on their web site.

I checked for a Mini but then noticed that the same $100 was offered for a Balc.

I called Capt. Circle and asked about this - Rep said I had to go to my TA to add the Promotion and wouldn't tell me anything else about it - No code - No number, no nothing........

I didn't get any mail about this - the only Alaska Brochure I got offered sliding OBC + 2 photos etc. & was for the Glacier Bay sailings and Cruisetours.

Now, when I checked around it seems to be for all Alaska 2008 sailings, Balc. and up!

Were you able to get it applied to your TA Discounted Booking?

I let my TA know about this and am waiting for a reply.:rolleyes:

No. Our TA won't do anything about it. Princess said we would need to have the TA call them and say it was OK to talk to us about it... When I talked to our TA, she gets snotty and says we should transfer the booking to Princess and pay more money (and a fee to them to transfer). I booked for my DH and I plus 12 family members (6 cruisetours/ 5 balconies). I am so frustrated. I was hoping another TA would be able to explain this. The TA says it is because they have the price so low that Princess doesn't recognize the promotion codes. When we talk to Princess and tell them nothing in the brochure says anything about it only applying to balconies over a certain price. It says to book through Princess or your TA. To us, it is false advertising on Princess's part. The worst part of this is that I told the other 4 couples booking balconies that they would be getting $100 OBC. Only 2 of the 12 have cruised before and they are new to Princess. What a way to run a business!

No. Our TA won't do anything about it. Princess said we would need to have the TA call them and say it was OK to talk to us about it... When I talked to our TA, she gets snotty and says we should transfer the booking to Princess and pay more money (and a fee to them to transfer). I booked for my DH and I plus 12 family members (6 cruisetours/ 5 balconies). I am so frustrated. I was hoping another TA would be able to explain this. The TA says it is because they have the price so low that Princess doesn't recognize the promotion codes.

Does your TA have a manager or owner of the agency? Or are they the owner? If there is a manager, I would contact them.

No. Our TA won't do anything about it. Princess said we would need to have the TA call them and say it was OK to talk to us about it... When I talked to our TA, she gets snotty and says we should transfer the booking to Princess and pay more money (and a fee to them to transfer). I booked for my DH and I plus 12 family members (6 cruisetours/ 5 balconies). I am so frustrated. I was hoping another TA would be able to explain this. The TA says it is because they have the price so low that Princess doesn't recognize the promotion codes. When we talk to Princess and tell them nothing in the brochure says anything about it only applying to balconies over a certain price. It says to book through Princess or your TA. To us, it is false advertising on Princess's part. The worst part of this is that I told the other 4 couples booking balconies that they would be getting $100 OBC. Only 2 of the 12 have cruised before and they are new to Princess. What a way to run a business!

I just booked a July Alaskan cruise on the Sapphire through Princess...very cheap rate for mini-suite past cruisers and they brought up the OBC

promotion. If you do not receive satisfacion from the rep. on the phone, ask to speak to a manager. Also, since you say only 2 of the 12 you are traveling with have cruised before...Princess has a new passenger referral program. Each new passenger you refer receives $25 fare reduction and you get $25. for each referral who books! My experience with Princess has been good. Hope it all works out!

I let my TA know about this on the Princess website - and she said "I was on my own with this, as Princess wouldn't apply it when she called"

So - I called Princess - and was given the same answer as others - My TA 'Group" price was 'too cheap' to apply this OBC - I could re-book at a $100 higher price and then get the discount?? HUH? They must be nuts! That would be a 'wash'.......AND A LOT OF BOTHER FOR NOTHING.

If anyone booked the Star rt. Seattle for 'high' season (August 3 or before?) with a TA at a discounted price? - and got the $100? I would really appreciate the cruisefare paid (You can e-mail me @ GotToCruise@aol.com)

I was (also) told this was a Past Passenger Promotion.

MY TA cruisefare (incl. all taxes and fees) Mini - Cat. AC $1,944.87 +$25 OBC

MY TA cruisefare (incl. all taxes and fees) Balc.- Cat. BB $1,774.87 +$25 OBC

I let my TA know about this on the Princess website - and she said "I was on my own with this, as Princess wouldn't apply it when she called"

So - I called Princess - and was given the same answer as others - My TA 'Group" price was 'too cheap' to apply this OBC - I could re-book at a $100 higher price and then get the discount?? HUH? They must be nuts! That would be a 'wash'.......AND A LOT OF BOTHER FOR NOTHING.

If anyone booked the Star rt. Seattle for 'high' season (August 3 or before?) with a TA at a discounted price? - and got the $100? I would really appreciate the cruisefare paid (You can e-mail me @ GotToCruise@aol.com)

I was (also) told this was a Past Passenger Promotion.

MY TA cruisefare (incl. all taxes and fees) Mini - Cat. AC $1,944.87 +$25 OBC

MY TA cruisefare (incl. all taxes and fees) Balc.- Cat. BB $1,774.87 +$25 OBC

This is the same thing I ran into a few years ago booking a Christmas cruise. I could have gotten the amenities (OBC, wine, preferred dining) but I had to give up the group pricing and amenities I already had plus I had to book at a higher rate. It wasn't worth it.

Archived