Mediterranea cabins 5243 and 5241

rickcop44

Can anyone tell me if these cabins are obstructed? We're looking at a February cruise on this ship and were surprised to see these cabins were available given they're larger than the standard balcony cabin on Orfeo deck (deck 5). Then I took a look at the deck plans on the ship and see there are life boats directly above these cabins on deck 6. So if anyone has been in these cabins or is familiar with them, please let me know. Thanks!!

Rick:

We have not stayed in either one of the cabins, but I'll include a picture of the Mediterranea (exterior) where you can see, that in deed those cabins are obstructed, at least partially. The picture shows the PORT side, whereas your cabin would be on the opposite site, the STARBOARD side, but it's the same location and deck.

Another thing is that the staterooms 5241 & 5243 are directly adjoining to the elevators. It may get a bit busy during dining hours back there. I don't know if that is an issue for you though.

Here's a link to the deckplan of the Mediterranea, which also shows that those cabins are obstructed/partially obstructed.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gate1travel.com/cruises/ships/CostaMed/med-pegaso.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.gate1travel.com/cruises/ships/costa_med_dp.htm&h=1625&w=250&sz=62&hl=en&start=1&sig2=IPWicgEuXGUfd4w6uwdR7g&um=1&tbnid=1Yn5PcHb1wA7bM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=23&ei=b5APR43BFJKwjAHQp6jbCw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcosta%2Bmediterranea%2Bdeck%2Bplan%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den

Hope that helps...

Andy

292031820_Mediterranea-Side.jpg.627f6abababfed9dbf475acd6c88b3a6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have no personal experience with those 2 particular cabins. However the deckplan does show that they are looking out to the upper part of the lifeboats, hence view obstructed.

Also I note that these rooms are slightly bigger than the adjacent ones which is rather unusual, but an advantage. However being near the lift foyer, they might be noisier with people marching up and down the corridors and often talking late at night. Also being right next to the lift might cause disturbance: everytime the lift opens its door, you might hear a "ding".

Archived