romantic table for 2?

I read on one review a couple asked if they could be changed to a table for two on the conquest. I love cruising and my husband and I leave the kids at home to have a lovely time together. I enjoy being with him and having lots of "us" time. I will probably book the specialty resteraunt at least once during the cruise, but would like more romantic dinners for 2. I know there are alot of positives sharing a table with others, just thought it would be nice, and wondering if it is possible. P.S. We really are not antisocial people, we play well with others:D

Hi there. They definately have tables for two so just make sure to go ASAP and track down the maitre'd to get your table changed if possible.

We are the opposite... our kids are grown and out of the house and we usually have dinner every day table for two, LOL, except on Sundays when we have the big sunday dinner... one of the things I love most about cruising is sitting at a big table with 8 other strangers and getting to know people... I always get disappointed if we are at a smaller table or if people dont show up, lol

Did you advise your travel agent or PVP of your request? It never hurts.. then maybe you could already be assigned to a table for two....

You can always try to change your table to a 2 seater once you get onboard, if you aren't already assigned to one. Go see the Maitre'D when you board (they will probably post the time that he will be available.). We had a table for 2 once, and honestly, I preferred sitting with others, hearing about their day, etc... It's not really all that romantic in the dining room anyway, it's pretty busy/loud/lots of foot traffic. If you aren't cruising very soon, there is still time to request it with your TA/PVP.

Your best bet is to go with the specialty restaurant. :)

My hubby would probably go crazy if it was just the two of us.:rolleyes: We have tried to do romantic dinners and carriage rides and he always ends up talking to the driver or people at another table.:rolleyes: It used to upset me but now I know he just likes to talk and meet new people.:D

I read on one review a couple asked if they could be changed to a table for two on the conquest. I love cruising and my husband and I leave the kids at home to have a lovely time together. I enjoy being with him and having lots of "us" time. I will probably book the specialty resteraunt at least once during the cruise, but would like more romantic dinners for 2. I know there are alot of positives sharing a table with others, just thought it would be nice, and wondering if it is possible. P.S. We really are not antisocial people, we play well with others:D

Hey, I LOVE your username, but aren't you missing an 'o' in the word 'to'?? ;):) You will LOVE the specialty restaurant on Conquest! My 16yo daughter and I ate there for my birthday July 3rd and it was VERY nice! Not sure about tables for 2 in the dining rooms. You can request it and see what you get when you check in. You can always try to change it with the Maitre'D if you don't get a table for 2! Good luck!!:)

My hubby would probably go crazy if it was just the two of us.:rolleyes: We have tried to do romantic dinners and carriage rides and he always ends up talking to the driver or people at another table.:rolleyes: It used to upset me but now I know he just likes to talk and meet new people.:D

LOL! Reminds me of a sitcom, and for the life of me i can't remember which one it was, maybe it was "Yes, Dear" or "According to Jim" or one of those, but anyway, they were playing a game, and one of the game cards said they had to "stare" romantically into each others eyes for 1 minute, and the man couldn't do it, and he started making jokes or something funny!:D :D

LOL! Reminds me of a sitcom, and for the life of me i can't remember which one it was, maybe it was "Yes, Dear" or "According to Jim" or one of those, but anyway, they were playing a game, and one of the game cards said they had to "stare" romantically into each others eyes for 1 minute, and the man couldn't do it, and he started making jokes or something funny!:D :D

I think that was an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond - when he brought home the mariageopoly game (or something with a similar name) - it was very funny !

We were on the Liberty in Sept and had requested through our TA for a table for 2 - - we too wanted some "us" time during dinner - - upon check in we found we were assigned to a table for 4 by Carnival but the Matre D was most kind and keep us at the same table but did not sit anyone else there. So we had a nice roomy table for 4 for just the 2 of us and truely enjoyed everything about that cruise!

Hey, I LOVE your username, but aren't you missing an 'o' in the word 'to'?? ;):)

I'm glad you said it!!! I've been thinking the same thing!

Anyway, you can have a lovely table for 2 at any of the restaurants on board...or you can order from room service and have a romantic meal in your cabin...:p

I think that was an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond - when he brought home the mariageopoly game (or something with a similar name) - it was very funny !

!

YES!!! That was it, lol!!! :D :D I could picture it in my mind but couldn't picture which sitcom characters were playing!!! Thanks for the reminder!!:)

Funny, I just had an immage of the people at the other table thinking "great...we finally ditch the kids and get a table for two and this chatty guy sits next to us" LOL

Anyway, you can have a lovely table for 2 at any of the restaurants on board...or you can order from room service and have a romantic meal in your cabin...:p

Ok, i have been sitting her for 5 minutes trying to figure out your screenname-abitaturbodog. I've said it over and over but it doesn't make sense-i either pronounce it- A bit at ur bo dog or A bit a turbodog. Am I missing something???:D ;) ;) I love trying to figure out usernames, but this one has me stumped! What kind of dog is in your avatar?

We were at a table for four, but the other couple never showed up and we hated it. Of course we did not know we could ask to be moved. That is never going to happen again. We love being at the big tables and meeting new people. My DH and I eat dinner every night alone, a cruise is the last place I would want to do that.

Thanks for pointing out my misspelling,:o I wouldn't want to look stupid, or something. lol:D now to figure our how to correct it. :rolleyes: . No seriously thanks for all the info. Actually I've never been to great at spelling but thats one I guess I really should not have missed! :)

Ok, i have been sitting her for 5 minutes trying to figure out your screenname-abitaturbodog. I've said it over and over but it doesn't make sense-i either pronounce it- A bit at ur bo dog or A bit a turbodog. Am I missing something???:D ;) ;) I love trying to figure out usernames, but this one has me stumped! What kind of dog is in your avatar?

If I remember correctly, it's a brand of beer.

Awesome, I am going to call today and see what can be done. Thanks for the info. If not, we will still have and great time and meeting new people.

Remember You can't call and get a table for 2 for sure, you just have to wait until you get on the ship, in the Capers will be the time the Maidre'd will be excepting dining times & table changes.

Have a great cruise:)

Thanks for pointing out my misspelling,:o :)

Look down at the very bottom of the page and click on the link where it says "Contact Us" and tell them that you misspelled a word and they will correct it for you!!:) My username used to be LeighNtexas. When i created it, it suggested NOT using your name as part of the username, so i used my daughter's middle name, then people would ask me, "Who is Leigh???":o :o So i clicked on the Contact Us button and explained things to them and they changed it for me!!:D Seriously, I hope you didn't think i was making fun because I certainly wasn't! I'm a horrible speller in my own right. I just LOVE your username because it says SO much and has SO much meaning!! It is a phrase that I need to remember in my own life sometimes, know what i mean?? But write to the mods of the board, tell them your spelling error, and they will correct it for you!!

I don't think the room service menu is very romantic on CCL. Cold sandwiches just wouldn't be right.

My fiancee & I were just talking about this today. Origionally I wanted a table for 2...but after thinking about it - I think its nice to meet other people. It's only for an hour or 2 every night and you MIGHT meet some really neat people.

And we already have reservations to the supper club on the Legend - that will be our romantic table for 2 that night!

I hope you get your table!

Sheri-- It's Abita Turbo Dog and that's the name of my beautiful Chocolate lab in the avatar. We just call her Abita. My hubby fell in love with this beer when he spent some time in Louisiana and since it's a chocolatey beer it seemed the perfect name for a dog.

As for the room service menu, I forgot it was all cold stuff! Whoops!:rolleyes:

Sheri-- It's Abita Turbo Dog and that's the name of my beautiful Chocolate lab in the avatar. We just call her Abita. My hubby fell in love with this beer when he spent some time in Louisiana and since it's a chocolatey beer it seemed the perfect name for a dog.

Awww, I like that name, and the dog is beautiful!! I have a yellow lab who is about 7 months old. Her name is just Sandi, lol!!:D My daughter bought her from someone selling puppies in a parking lot, and we later found out from the vet that she probably is not a full Lab since she only weighs about 40lbs! She has the look of a lab, she is just skinnier! She is so sweet and lovable, but active at times! I came out of Petsmart the other day, and a man had a yellow lab that he said weighed about 110lbs!! It was easy to see how my dog was not near that big!! Thanks for explaining your username for me, i had never heard of that brand of beer, and it makes sense why you picked the name for your dog!!

Archived