Has anyone Renewed Vows on Carnival?

Mickey Mommy

I'm thinking of suggesting this to my husband for our upcoming cruise. We've been through a rough couple of years and have really started working things through the last couple of months. Hence, the cruise without the kids! Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone's actually done this on a carnival ship. Is it personal or do they gather the couples together and have a group thing? I think it will be great just to be by ourselves for a few days. This option might just make it a bit more special? Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

I'm thinking of suggesting this to my husband for our upcoming cruise. We've been through a rough couple of years and have really started working things through the last couple of months. Hence, the cruise without the kids! Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone's actually done this on a carnival ship. Is it personal or do they gather the couples together and have a group thing? I think it will be great just to be by ourselves for a few days. This option might just make it a bit more special? Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

It sounds romantic to me. I think it can be as private as you want. You might want to call and ask.

Vow renewal is the same as a wedding. It is done before embakation. You can purchase a package for just the Bride and Groom. It includes a ceremony, champagne, cake, bouquet for bride, boutinere for groom, for $800.

Contact the wedding program and ask for the vow renewal packages - they are different than the wedding packages. My wife and I did this and we will be renewing our vows on our upcoming cruise.

If you give me your email, I'll be more than happy to send the pricing for the renewal packages that Carnival sent me.

Rob

We checked into it for the Spirit last year. It was $385. One of the ship officers performs the renewal. It is done on board and the day/time is chosen by the Carnival and you are notified after you board.

Depending on the number of people who are renewing vows, it may not be just the two of you. It may include other couples. Most that I had heard about were just the couple.

Cost included bouquet for you, boutiniere (sp. incorrectly) for him, a photo, certificate of renewal, and I think champagne. I'll see if I can find it on the Carnival site for you.

I think it is a wonderful idea. Go for it.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/images/Onboard_Experience/Weddings/weddings07-08.pdf

This is for pricing ... but appears to be for actual weddings.

Didn't find anything in the brochure that mentions vow renewals.

NOTE: I did find one reference in FAQ and it states that for renewal of vows that you must provide proof of marriage.

For additional information on any of Carnival's wedding packages,

please call our "Fun Ship" Wedding Department at 1(800) 933-4968

or email: weddings@carnival.com

Vow renewal is the same as a wedding. It is done before embakation. You can purchase a package for just the Bride and Groom. It includes a ceremony, champagne, cake, bouquet for bride, boutinere for groom, for $800.

And not to forget, pictures are extra and can be expensive. Ask about it and if you want to go in that direction, get it in writing.

My husband called to ask, because we had seen in a caper copy from the Conquest that they do a vow renewal at sunset on the deck with the Captain! It does include one photo, champagne, two-tiered cake, etc... but they do charge the same as their wedding packages.

We're hoping that once we get on board, maybe they'll have a cheaper option, as I was really looking forward to this, but their wedding pricing is to steep for us right now!

Good luck!

Sharon

Say I do again.What better way to enhance your anniversary or just recall that special day than

to renew your wedding vows aboard one of our fabulous ships with a memorable ceremony

performed by the Ship's Captain.

Services offered include: $385.00 Package Price

• Special-ceremony location

• Ceremony performed by the Ship's Captain

• Keepsake "Renewal of Marriage Vows" certificate

• Recorded ceremony music

• Photography Service

• One Long Stemmed Rose for the Bride and matching Rose Boutonniere for the Groom

• 2-Tier Wedding Cake

• Sparkling Wine and 2 Etched ("Romance", "Honeymoon" or "Anniversary") Champagne Flutes

• One 8x10 Wedding Photograph (Additional photos available at a reasonable price)

This package accommodates up to a maximum of 8 guests, including the bride and groom. Additional guests can be included at a rate of

$12.00 per person.

Deluxe Package: $735.00 Package Price

• Photography Service

• One Long Stemmed Rose for the Bride and matching Rose Boutonniere for the Groom

• 2-Tier Wedding Cake

• Sparkling Wine and 2 Etched ("Romance", "Honeymoon" or "Anniversary") Champagne Flutes

• One 8x10 Wedding Photograph (Additional Photos available at a reasonable price)

• One Hour Open Bar with Hot/Cold Canapés

This package accommodates up to a maximum of 20 guests, including the bride and groom. Additional guests can be included at a rate

of $22.00 per person.

The Renewal of Marriage Vows Ceremony is symbolic in nature and has no legal nor binding effect. Couples with different

last names are required to furnish proof of marriage. Arrangements for the time and location of the ceremony will be

made onboard with the Group's Coordinator. We will be unable to grant requests to perform the ceremony on

embarkation days or formal nights. It is understood and agreed that Carnival Cruise Lines and its Ship's Captain(s)

(collectively "Carnival") shall use their best efforts to accommodate requests for a particular time and location of the

Ceremony however, should a circumstance arise whereby the Ship Captain is unable to perform the ceremony, or the time

and location of the ceremony must be changed, Carnival will either reschedule the Ceremony or it shall be conducted by

another level of management at the sole discretion of Carnival. Carnival shall have no liability for any compensation or

other damages to the wedding couple or any of their guests due to any change.

ok i have to say to definately do the renewal of vows...my husband and I just got back from taking a cruise on the carnival miracle and we renewed our vows for our 10 year anniversary. All i have to say is they did a WONDERFUL job to coordinate the whole thing for my husband and I. Also the people we met on the ship joined us on by coming to the renewal.

It was wonderful.

My DH and I renewed our wedding vows on the Carnival Legend, and we did it on our own. We had a corner aft wrap-around balcony suite, so this is where we chose to do it. I brought ivory rose garland that I attached to the balcony railing. I also bought a boutinierre and a small wedding bouquet at Michael's Craft Store that I brought with us. I bought an ivory gown, and my husband wore a tux. My husband ordered the Romance Package through Carnival, so we had special champagne glasses and champagne. We also went to the extra charge coffee/dessert cafe and bought some chocolate covered strawberries. We wrote our own vows which made it very special. We renewed our vows on our balcony on the first formal night. It was just the two of us, witnessed only by God, while sailing on the ocean on our own private balcony. It was so romantic and emotional. After we exchanged vows, we celebrated with the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We also had a romantic dinner at the supper club. We also had our formal portrait done, so we would have a picture to remember the day we renewed our wedding vows.

So, it is possible to renew your wedding vows without paying Carnival for this service. Just get creative and do what would make it special for you and your spouse.

Say I do again.What better way to enhance your anniversary or just recall that special day than

to renew your wedding vows aboard one of our fabulous ships with a memorable ceremony

performed by the Ship's Captain.

Services offered include: $385.00 Package Price

• Photography Service

• 2-Tier Wedding Cake

• One 8x10 Wedding Photograph (Additional photos available at a reasonable price)

This package accommodates up to a maximum of 8 guests, including the bride and groom. Additional guests can be included at a rate of

$12.00 per person.

Deluxe Package: $735.00 Package Price

• Photography Service

• 2-Tier Wedding Cake

• One 8x10 Wedding Photograph (Additional Photos available at a reasonable price)

• One Hour Open Bar with Hot/Cold Canapés

This package accommodates up to a maximum of 20 guests, including the bride and groom. Additional guests can be included at a rate

of $22.00 per person.

The Renewal of Marriage Vows Ceremony is symbolic in nature and has no legal nor binding effect. Couples with different

last names are required to furnish proof of marriage. Arrangements for the time and location of the ceremony will be

made onboard with the Group's Coordinator. We will be unable to grant requests to perform the ceremony on

embarkation days or formal nights. It is understood and agreed that Carnival Cruise Lines and its Ship's Captain(s)

(collectively "Carnival") shall use their best efforts to accommodate requests for a particular time and location of the

Ceremony however, should a circumstance arise whereby the Ship Captain is unable to perform the ceremony, or the time

and location of the ceremony must be changed, Carnival will either reschedule the Ceremony or it shall be conducted by

another level of management at the sole discretion of Carnival. Carnival shall have no liability for any compensation or

other damages to the wedding couple or any of their guests due to any change.

What great info! Thank you. My next question - what do you wear for this! I'm thinking maybe a tea length gown, or perhaps not even white. So much to consider, but I think it will be well worth it.

My DH and I renewed our wedding vows on the Carnival Legend, and we did it on our own. We had a corner aft wrap-around balcony suite, so this is where we chose to do it. I brought ivory rose garland that I attached to the balcony railing. I also bought a boutinierre and a small wedding bouquet at Michael's Craft Store that I brought with us. I bought an ivory gown, and my husband wore a tux. My husband ordered the Romance Package through Carnival, so we had special champagne glasses and champagne. We also went to the extra charge coffee/dessert cafe and bought some chocolate covered strawberries. We wrote our own vows which made it very special. We renewed our vows on our balcony on the first formal night. It was just the two of us, witnessed only by God, while sailing on the ocean on our own private balcony. It was so romantic and emotional. After we exchanged vows, we celebrated with the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We also had a romantic dinner at the supper club. We also had our formal portrait done, so we would have a picture to remember the day we renewed our wedding vows.

So, it is possible to renew your wedding vows without paying Carnival for this service. Just get creative and do what would make it special for you and your spouse.

Now that sounds sooo romantic. We don't have a balcony on this cruise, but what a great idea. You two are very blessed to have each other! Of course, I could take the 385 that carnival charges and get a balcony! Wow and thank you for the info!

What great info! Thank you. My next question - what do you wear for this! I'm thinking maybe a tea length gown, or perhaps not even white. So much to consider, but I think it will be well worth it.

Glad the info will help.

We're taking a decidedly laid back approach. Think informal beach wedding. My wife is going to wear a white surong and I'm going to wear white draw string pants and a cotton shirt. We've already done the ultra-formal church wedding (14 attendants, organist, singer, bagpipes, etc), we want this to be much simpler! :)

What Kreeb did sounds fanatistic too. In the end, it's your day to do with it as you see fit.

Rob

When we were married over 15 years ago, since both of us had been married before, we just went to the courthouse and were married there in jeans and sweaters. Not formal in the least bit. That's why we opted for the formal attire for our wedding vow renewal. Do what will make you both happy!!!

Wear whatever you want, maybe do it on Formal Night and you would be good to go.

I am really happy for you and your DH. When a couple make a commitment to each other and work hard at it, you really can see how love does find a way to make it work. I wish you happiness and joy in the future, the two of you deserve this and so much more.

That's beautiful!

Wow, how incredibly romantic! I love this idea! If you do it yourself, you can make it exactly what you want it to be and not be at the mercy of someone else's idea of what a vow renewal should be like. I don't think Carnival could have given you anything more special and meaningful than what you gave yourselves.

We did our vow renewal on board Holland America for our 15th anniversary and the package from them was much cheaper. It was a wonderful ceremony with 3 other couples (one of which was in a wheelchair and other officers helped her stand during the ceremony). It was an experience I will never forget and have a beautiful picture with the Captain to remember the moment. I know Carnival owns HAL and you would think they would be comparable in prices but I guess since HAL is somewhat higher (when we went, they were actually cheaper then Carnival for an identical sailing) they give you a better deal on add ons. Here is what we got for the money:

RENEWAL OF VOWS ON BOARD

For couples that would like to say their wedding vows while at sea, Holland America Line offers an onboard renewal-of-vows package. As part of the package, the bride receives a corsage, and invitations are made available to invite guests to the ceremony and celebration. The couple also receives:

* A photo and photo album

* Dinner for 2 one evening in the Pinnacle Grill

* A celebration featuring live music, champagne, wine and hors d'oeuvres served by Holland America Line's five-star staff

The price for this romantic and memorable occasion is $149 per couple and $12.50 per guest (celebration only). The onboard honeymoon, anniversary and renewal-of-vows packages may be booked through Holland America Line's Ship Services Department, (800) 541-1576.

RENEWAL OF VOWS AT HALF MOON CAY

Guests that visit Half Moon Cay, the company's own island paradise, on Holland America Line Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises may renew their wedding vows on the island in a private, traditional Bahamian chapel nestled in a garden overlooking the sea. This is a more casual ceremony than on board and participants are encouraged to wear their favorite tropical attire. Champagne and cake are served after the ceremony. Each couple is photographed on the island and the photo is delivered to their stateroom in a souvenir frame. Arrangements for renewal of vows at the chapel may be made through the Guest Relations Manager at the Front Office on board the ship. Packages are $49 per couple and $6.50 per guest.

Whatever you decide, it will be as special as you make it!

Archived