Mariner or Freedom/Liberty? Can you compare?

3redheads

Hi

We sailed Liberty a few weeks ago and Mariner in Oct 2006.

We completely loved both! Would have no hesitation sailing either again. To be honest there isn't a HUGE amount different about them both. We did not have problems with queues/crowds on the Liberty, but our schedule meant that we avoided those (gym early, breakfast early, doing activities mainly in the mornings, lunch early, didn't spend much time at the pools etc.).

For us, the biggest plus of Liberty was the Flowrider - we LOVED it: must have used it 5 of the 7 days onboard (one morning for 3 hours!). It was a revelation and we had so much fun. I also thought that the H2O zone on the Liberty was great: we didn't use it because we don't have kids, but if we did it would be a big bonus.

Liberty has a little more "wow" than Mariner (if that is possible): a little bigger, a few more amenties, even better deck lighting at night. But Mariner is a beautiful ship and think that it has better art on the stairwells etc.

Service on both was really good. We had no complaints about food on either: thought it was good and we are picky eaters (regarding quality of food).

As suite passengers, one thing I notticed was that the Suite Concierge Lounge on Liberty was quite a lot less crowded and busy than on the Mariner (and we rarely had a wait to speak to the concierge): probably because Liberty has a seperate dedicated Diamon/Diamond+ lounge - makes the Suite Lounge a lot more enjoyable...

When looking back at our Liberty/Mariner cruises, we found it hard to say which one was better - they were both fantastic.

At the moment, I am having a tough time persuading my husband that any ship without a flowrider is a good idea....! BUT, if I was choosing between Liberty/Freedom and Mariner, I would look at the following things:

- Cost

- Availability of the suite/stateroom I want on given itineraries.

- How the departure port fits into my plans (Miami compared with Port Canaveral)

Since you haven't done Liberty/Freedom before, then why not try one of them (for a change)? But if you choose to stick with Mariner, then that is a fantastic ship too :)

Boo

Archived