Sante - How is it?

jzuzphreek

Mike

We just got back.

We were absolutely thrilled with the entire experience. It is really different than any kind of tour, excursion, spa trip, trip to teh beach, or anything--because it is so many things rolled into one.

But definitely this is ideal for a honeymoon, anniversary, or jsut a romantic experience. They will do double massages. Go to their web site for the menu of services--you will not believe the variety as well as the low cost.

Mike, I'm not sure what new amenities you were speaking of, as I had never been there before. I will say that there is a hot tub by the water now under a lovely palapa, with deck chairs--very relaxing and lovely. There is also a dipping pool, very lovely also to cool off in warm weather. It was rather chilly there (very odd) so we did not use it, but it is lovely. There is a palapa where Angela does her yoga classes outside. I am not sure if any of these would be new since you were last there.

What i really liked was the food--very simple--grilled fish and rice. Lovely and healthy. Just sitting on the porch and listening to teh birds is an experience.

yoyocruiser

If you are going to Honduras to Isla Roatan on your cruise, take advantage of the wonderful, pampering, tranquility of Sante' spa. My friends and I were there during our cruise on the Carnival Dream in January 2010 and we had a relaxing day and were very pleased with the services and hospitality of Angela and Leon who opened their home to us. Book early they only take a small number of guests per day to keep everything serene and relaxing.

My friend Joan and I just returned from the Crown Princess (Jan. 16-23) and Sante Wellness Center was the highlight of our trip! Here's an excerpt from my cruise review:

Tuesday was the highlight of our cruise. We were in Roatan, and we had booked a day at Santé Wellness Center, Day Spa and Retreat. We are spa girls from way back, and the reviews on the boards had us convinced that it would be perfect for us. They were right – rarely have we had a better spa or shore experience. Angela, the owner, sent us detailed instructions on how to get to the spa from the new Mahogany Bay dock. It was so easy, just walk through the dock area to the taxis, and take a cab ($30) to the Parrot Tree Plantation. We had the nicest taxi driver ever – his name was Oscar and he spoke perfect English. He gave us a little history of the island as we drove, and pointed out some of the beautiful views and homes along the way. We arrived at Parrot Tree in about 20 minutes, and he called the spa for us so they would send the boat. By the time we reached the marina, we could see the Santé' boat chugging across the water, and in a few minutes time Leon, Angela’s husband, had us at the island and we were greeted by Rufus, the Spa Dog and Official Greeter. Leon brought us into their spa/home, and we were dazzled. It was all open to the tropical breezes, with gorgeous hardwood floors, tinkling waterfalls in every room, and wrap around porches with comfortable chairs and hammocks for our use. There is a plunge pool and hot tub also available, and Leon will take you snorkeling on the reef if you like. We plopped happily into the comfortable chairs and watched the dozen or so hummingbirds feeding at the various feeders on the deck.

In a few minutes, we were taken away for our spa treatments. We had each booked the Tranquility package, which is a facial with hand treatment and a massage. Both were absolutely fabulous and an amazing value at $135 for both. We were shown to showers with all the necessities afterward, and then Leon served us an amazing lunch of salad, delicious grilled shrimp, rice, and cake and ice cream for dessert. I can’t imagine a more perfect day, and can’t recommend Santé Wellness Center highly enough. I guarantee you will have a wonderful visit!

We had prearranged for Oscar to pick us up at 1:30, and so we sadly said our goodbyes and Leon took us back to Parrot Tree Plantation. Dear Oscar was waiting, and he brought us back to the dock. We shopped a bit in the lovely new shops and admired the glorious beach area before boarding the ship. Roatan is a beautiful island, and Oscar assured us the West End was even prettier! I would go back there in a heartbeat, and would never visit without stopping at Santé Wellness Center. It’s truly a haven of tranquility and peace and not to be missed.

We both would recommend this beautiful place to anyone headed to Roatan.

Cathy

• 5 months later...

Our trip to Sante was the highlight of our cruise aboard the Carnival Legend this past March. I finally just got around to writing up our experience! I can say without hesitation that if you are looking for a trip to paradise this is it! It exceeded our expectations in every way and I want to go back - very badly :)

Full review is here: CLICK FOR REVIEW

Got back a few weeks ago from Roatan and just getting around to writing up our visit to Roatan and Sante...

In short, this was a great experience. We had the couples massage and very well worth the money. Leon and Angela are awesome hosts, they make you feel very much at home. Do not waste your money on a massage on the ship.

Any questions you might have just let me know but I highly recommend this trip to Sante.

• 3 weeks later...

We may return to Roatan soon, and if we do we will certainly return to Sante Spa for another wonderful day.

I have heard that Angela has added some new staff members and some new treatments to her menu. I loved my Aztec hot stone rub but I am wondering if anybody can comment on the recent improvements?

Decisions, decisions ... ;)

great spa services, very helpful in planning your day. They will help you meet others on your cruise to share a cab to their spa. Great beach for non spa people. Great prices, the full day of treatment was less than the cheapest 30min message on the ship.

We went to Sante on July 23 while on our Celebrity Solstice cruise. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Taxi service was fine - it was $20 per person. My wife and I each had a 1 hr. massage - as good if not better than any massage we've received at home at "chain" spas. The snorkling was awesome - felt like we were in an aquarium. The cold plunge pool and hot tub overlooking the bay were a real nice touch.

• 1 month later...
We may return to Roatan soon, and if we do we will certainly return to Sante Spa for another wonderful day.

I have heard that Angela has added some new staff members and some new treatments to her menu. I loved my Aztec hot stone rub but I am wondering if anybody can comment on the recent improvements?

Decisions, decisions ... ;)

We have booked Sante for Jan 2011 and received this email from Angela. Just be aware of limited staff/availability ... book early if interested:

One of our therapists will be on maternity leave then, so we have somewhat limited availability as a result. Not sure we can actually arrange the longer packages for two more persons. We may be able to work you in for a massage however.

Angela replied immediately to my email request..we are looking forward to a day on their island after all the great reviews on this thread.

Angela expanded on her staffing comment in a later email (she is very responsive..I like her already). She may have more therapists BUT it is still a small spa so booking asap is recommended:

Wanted to also let you know that naturally we have add TWO other therapists to take the place of our one on maternity leave. I just want to give them a bit of time to get fully trained on our spa menu since the Sante' menu is a bit unique given I have arranged the packages in certain orders to maximize the effect, and also since the following therapies are unique to Sante only:

Calming Caribbean Cooler

Vin Therapy

Chocolate Spa

Noni Spa.

All therapists are trained in general massage work, but I need to orient a

bit more to the more original therapies so am choosing to book light while

Amadine is away till they are all up to our high Standard.

Thought you should know as we are here for YOU!!

Got back a few weeks ago from Roatan and just getting around to writing up our visit to Roatan and Sante...

In short, this was a great experience. We had the couples massage and very well worth the money. Leon and Angela are awesome hosts, they make you feel very much at home. Do not waste your money on a massage on the ship.

Any questions you might have just let me know but I highly recommend this trip to Sante.

Does the couples' massage include the lunch and use of the spa grounds for the day?

My wife and I recently visited Sante Wellness Center while on our western carribbean cruise. Every aspect was absolutely amazing, from the first phone call to the little boat ride back to the pier. I had a deep tissue massage and my wife had the carribbean cooler treatment. Both were extremely satisfying and the grounds were simply surreal. We have already discussed making a trip to roatan just to stay there. Don't pass up on this amazing place!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The new Facebook photos are beautiful!!...here is Sante's new Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sante-Wellness-Center/158284927528725?ref=ts

Or search for Sante Wellness Center. Facebook has links to her website, where you can find the email, also listed in a previous post.

Don't miss the link to another customer review...reading this blog is what convinced me to book a day at Sante:

http://www.beautifully-invisible.com/2010/06/places-to-go-sante-wellness-center-and.html

on my way there in jan.. there are new pictures on facebook that make it even more inviting then the website..

lunch i heard was $12.. how was it and can you pick what you want??

The day we were there there were two choices, we had grilled shrimp,rice and salad with dessert. Wine/beer were extra.

I can't remember the other choice for lunch but ours was delicious!

• 2 weeks later...

So looking forward to our January visit to Sante! There are some new services just added at Sante, for example, Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Health and Wellness Sessions. Click on the menu at Sante's homepage for a full description. http://www.santewellnesscenter.com/index.html .

They are being offered by an MD trained both in Western and Chinese medicine. His menu lists many new services, inc. a couples relaxing acupuncture session and a facial rejuvenation. The doctor is an addition to her spa staff so Sante may be able to take more guests per day. There is also a new expanded Yoga schedule which would make for a relaxing day even without other spa treatments. Now that I found these new options my only problem is deciding what to do for the day.

See the links to Sante's Facebook page & a customer blog in my previous post..more information there too.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I just returned from The Carnival Legend......On Wednesday we visited the sante wellness spa......From the monment you walk into their house you feel very comfortable.......Not only did we get the best spa treatment we ever had,but everyone in the place made you feel right at home.I could have stayed there for the whole week instead of cruising.It was just that good.Any time I visit Roatan I will alos be at the sante wellness spa.

Thanks to Angela ,her husband & staff for everything........

I could go on and on about this place but do yourself a favor and try them if you ever get the chance.

Jim& Lana

Archived