El Canario by the Lagoon

tyson

My husband and I are considering staying one night pre-cruise in this inexpensive hotel. Has anyone stayed there recently? If so, please let me know your experience. Thanks!

Hi -- I stayed there with my family during the New Years 2006 holiday. We chose it because it was affordable while all the larger hotels were very expensive that week. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised -- the rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. A/C worked great. Bathroom lighting wasn't fantastic, but it was clean. And most (if not all) rooms have balconies, which I really liked. The rooms don't really have any frills, but you'll get a good-night's sleep in a clean room, and well-worth the price.

They advertise a free continental breakfast which was pretty basic -- fruit and danishes, mostly. The location was great -- a block from a nice park that fronts the beach, and close to many restaurants. If you rent a car, the hotel has free parking but the front desk attendant must park it for you -- and often has to move other cars out of the way.

I would certainly stay there again, mostly for the value and the cleanliness.

• 8 months later...

Archived