Hi Michele

Would like to ask some suggestions of excursions you have taken with

your 3 year old.

We are cruising to Belize, Roatan, Cozumel and Grand Caymen. Have

done swimming with the dolphins toooooo many times and plan on doing

the beach in Grand Caymen. Need the suggestions on the first 3 islands

with a 3 year old.

Thanks for your help.

Not sure if you want another beach day but we took our 3 year old to Nachi Cocom in Cozumel and had a great time. They have a really nice pool, hot tub and beach. Food was delicious and the restrooms were clean (and close by!). It wasn't crowded or rowdy at all. She didn't want to leave at the end of the day. We all had a relaxing fun time.

Oh I really wish I could help you out but we have never been to Belize or Roatan.

Anyone else ever been to those places with kids and wants to help wentworth out?

Now Cozumel, I've been there. I can say to stay away from Playa Mia Beach Break. It is open bar and it just led to wayyyy too many sloppy drunks...lol. The beach was ok there. They had a pool for the kids. But the pool was next to the bar and the drunk people had a tendency to hang out there.

So if you are looking at making that another beach day - go to Paradise Beach.

Also, I wish I wouldn't have let all of the talk about the "rocky" tender to xcaret scare me off. I bet that would be a great place to see. But I was too chicken to risk the possibility of getting sea sick.

http://www.xcaret.com/

The other thing I may have attempted if I hadn't been so chicken is the Stingray Sandbar at Grand Caymen. That was all anyone was talking about after they returned from Grand Caymen. So I bet I could have done it with the 3 year old. She is more fearless than my 7 year old. She is the one that didn't want to do it.

It's tough to find excursions for young ones on the Western Carib route. I have better luck with the Eastern Carib. The Western Carib has so many age restrictions on the excursions. There are so many adventurous things to do there...if you are 8 and older...lol ;)

Thank for your suggestions. I know the eastern route has more

excursions but have been to those islands so many times we wanted

something different. Actually, the 3 year old is our granddaughter. She

cruised with us when she was 16 mnths and loved the swim with the

Stingrays on Grand Caymen.

I'm thinking we will be beaching it for most of the islands and clean

rest rooms are a must!!! She loves the water and I'm not sure if she'd

sit very long for a tour.

In Grand Cayman we took a tour old that included Hell, the Turtle Farm and Stingray City our son was almost 3 at the time. The Turtle Farm was a lot of fun, he really enjoyed it, last night he ran across a rock turtle that we bought at the souvenir shop and said Mommy lets go back and see the turtles. Sounds good to me:) They have added so much more since our visit. At Stingray City we put his life jacket that we brought from home on him and my husband and I took turns holding him.

Archived