Royal Caribbean secrets (merged)

[quote name='sea-cruise'][B][COLOR=darkorchid]They've never given me a lanyard on RC....only on Carnival. :( (They might have them in the gift shops though). [/COLOR][/B][/quote]
I will have to say that I am REALLY going to miss those lanyards that Carnival has.. I will have to dig through my cruise stuff and see if I can find mine:)

Bring your lanyard from Carnival. ( I did on Explorer)
Take it to Guest Services and they will gladly punch a hole in it. It's so nice not to have fish through a purse to find it.

[quote name='alphakitty']You get a free pastry or muffin with a coffee purchase at Seattle's Best Coffee. :)[/quote]

??? On the Freedom, Liberty & Adventure you can have anything in the case without buying the coffee, is it different on the other ships?

I know the Freedom & Liberty have the best cookies!

Hello everyone this might be able to help you guys as I started a tread like this a couple of weeks ago There are a lot of great ideas

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=711070[/url]

hope it works this is the first time I tried to do it LOL

[QUOTE]
[quote name='TxStacey']I will have to say that I am REALLY going to miss those lanyards that Carnival has.. I will have to dig through my cruise stuff and see if I can find mine:)[/quote]
[/QUOTE]
[B][COLOR=darkorchid]Good idea....I have to see if I can find mine! I know it was red so it should be easy to come across. :D [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/B]
[QUOTE]
[quote name='Mydnite']I have been told, but do not know if it is a fact that geust relations will give you a free pack of cards with the ship on if you ask.[/quote]
[/QUOTE]
[B][COLOR=darkorchid]I have cards from different ships, going back to 25 years ago. I wonder if they'd bring any $ on ebay? Think I'll do a search over there. Who knows...I might get rich quick! ;) [/COLOR][/B]

We got a zip-up plastic cover that will attach to a lanyard to carry your sea pass in. We have used these for sports tickets also.

The great thing is that you can put a little cash and even a credit card in here for when you go into port. Then, if you go to a beach, or snorkeling, or other water activity, you can keep those valuables attached to your person, waterproof, and safe.

We have also used this at theme parks...this little plastic pouch on a string has made such a difference for us!!

Helpful hints?

If you're in the Bahamas and have to go thru the onboard Bahamian Immigration dog-and-pony show: They will give you a 2-hour window, say, 9:00-11:00. Don't join the 95% of your fellow passengers who feel called upon to start lining up at 8:30. The line snakes around the dining room, all the way down the Royal Promenade, and into the theater. Instead, report to the dining room at 10:30 -- you'll be back in your cabin in 10 minutes.

Cococay tips:
1. Three letters: BBQ!
2. Plan on tendering back at least an hour and half before last call. There is a very long wait for the last few tenders back, in the sun, with no breeze. It was a very unpleasant way to end a great day at the beach.

[quote name='sea-cruise'][B][COLOR=darkorchid]They've never given me a lanyard on RC....only on Carnival. :( (They might have them in the gift shops though). [/COLOR][/B][/quote]
They were available for ship shape $ on our recent cruises and could be purchased in the shops for real $.

[quote name='39august']At breakfast in the Windjammer buffet, several kinds of juice are available, but for the rest of the time, you have to pay for juice. I take an insulated mug to breakfast and fill it with OJ as I leave and keep it in the fridge for later. .[/quote]
In the dining room at supper time DW usually request a cranberry cocktail juice and we never have been charged for this. I seen others request other juices with no charge while at supper.

[quote name='Granny J']I wish I'd known that I could go to the purser's desk when I first boarded and ask for a folding map of the whole ship. That would have been extremely helpful.[/quote]

Some of the ships have better maps than others. Last time on GOS it was not the nice fold up map we got on Explorer or Majesty.

[quote name='kutty77']I got the free lanyards from Carnival and I still use it everyday o my key chain and I dream everyday about going on a cruise again[/quote]

You want to see some cute lanyards..check these out. I just bought 3 for cruising ! :D

[URL]http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjenniferhineline[/URL]

Buy a [B]card reel[/B], put your Sea Pass on it (get a punch at guest services), and attach it to your lanyard. Voila! No more fishing it out of the little plastic holder everytime you open your stateroom door!

I bought a 3-pack of card reels at Walmart for $1.67 or you can find them online, at office supply stores, etc.

Worked wonders on our 24nt B2B last summer!!! :D

[quote name='BarstoolDreamer']We got a zip-up plastic cover that will attach to a lanyard to carry your sea pass in. We have used these for sports tickets also.

The great thing is that you can put a little cash and even a credit card in here for when you go into port. Then, if you go to a beach, or snorkeling, or other water activity, you can keep those valuables attached to your person, waterproof, and safe.

We have also used this at theme parks...this little plastic pouch on a string has made such a difference for us!![/quote]

Where did you get the plastic pouch?:confused:

Outside the waiting area of the medical facility is a vending machine where you can purchase individual packages of antacids, over the counter pain medication like aspirin and tylenol, antibiotic ointment, etc. for 50 cents. Just be sure to bring quarters there is no way to get change once you are there.
Great little find. Last cruise I stepped on a sea urchin:eek: and thought I would have to go to the medical facility to keep it from getting infected but the ointment worked very well.

Archived