snorkeling in roatan

kroozerj

Hello All

I have been here for 3 years and my favorite beach is West Bay Beach for snorkeling. Found it when we first came here and still think it is the best.

West Bay Beach is long so I go to the "Black Rock" it is a large coral head sticking out of the water. It is on the far end of the beach just walk onto the beach and go as far as you can to the left (west).

Please help protect the reef...

Bob Millsaps

Hello All

I have been here for 3 years and my favorite beach is West Bay Beach for snorkeling. Found it when we first came here and still think it is the best.

West Bay Beach is long so I go to the "Black Rock" it is a large coral head sticking out of the water. It is on the far end of the beach just walk onto the beach and go as far as you can to the left (west).

Please help protect the reef...

Bob Millsaps

bob,, is this snorkeling area near the mayan princess resort?... thanks for any info as we have limited time to spend in roatan..and do you have any information on infinity bay which is next to tabiana?

• 2 weeks later...
bob,, is this snorkeling area near the mayan princess resort?... thanks for any info as we have limited time to spend in roatan..and do you have any information on infinity bay which is next to tabiana?

The Mayan Princess resort is on West Bay beach. We spent our day at this resort on our last cruise. Walk to the left down the beach and you will get a great snorkel area. You can just walk into the water. It is very shallow, though, so be careful not to touch the coral. It was very easy and we saw some great fish and lobsters. Also, we very much enjoyed the day at the Mayan Princess. It was a great deal. Only bad thing was that their power was out that day which apparently happens often, so we were not able to have much for food. But, plenty of food waiting for us back on the ship!;) Have fun in Roatan!!

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody know if you can go to Coral Cay Marine&Nature Park on your own and snorkel with own equipment? Do you take the bus? How much is admission charge? Thanks for any info.

Coral Cay does not accept walk-up traffic or independent tours. All guests have to prepay for this excursion from their respective cruise lines' shore excursion's department. :(

Archived