Questions to ask prospective TA

So I'm ready to book my very first cruise!!! Yaa hooooo!!!! :D I'm so excited, and it's only going to be a four night on SOS. But, it'll be our very first trip alone together without the kids in 8 years!!!

Anyway, this being my first time, I'm doing the research on finding a good TA. Since I'm not a C&A member or anything, I'm hoping to take advantage of the WOW sale this coming Wednesday, so need to do my research quick! So, here are some things I want to ask about with TA's (will be emailing the list that's here on CC). What am I missing???

--fees for services?

--cancellation policies/fees?

--will they lower the price for me if I find it goes down?

--what OBC or other incentives do they give?

--will the book for me on Wed and get WOW bonuses?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Don't stress out because of the time. You can book it yourself and then transfer to a TA of your choice just before you make your final payment.

Sounds to me as though you have covered the important things. That's what I asked when I did my e-mail interviews. One more thing: I told them there were usually four (two cabins) in our party and that we always booked the cheapest cabin. You could indicate what kind of cabin you plan to consider and how many cabins (if more than one) will be in your party.

Thanks! Is there an advantage one way or the other - booking yourself on RCI's website and then transferring or just having a TA do it from the beginning? Just curious!

Lynnette

It doesn't matter which way you do it, if you book it yourself then you have more time to shop around for a TA. RCCL doesn't allow TA's to discount their cruises, so unless you find a TA who is holding group space then the prices will all be the same.

Do not forget to mention if there is a specific cabin you would like. I realize that this is your 1st cruise however if you search on this message board you may find suggestions or even pictures for the best cabins on the SOS.

CruiseCritics guided us to our 1st aft cabin in 2004 and I have since only booked aft. :D

Archived