Miami - Biscayne Bay Marriott vs South Beach Marriott

VaNitz

Hello there,

My family and I are cruising out of Miami in late October and would like to stay at either the Biscayne Bay Marriott or the South Beach Marriott on the day before as well as the day after the cruise. I have enough Marriott points for either of the two, but I'm looking for some opinions from you seasoned cruisers.

The Biscayne Bay one sounds nice because it's within walking distance of Bayside Market, but it doesn't appear it has a beach on the property. From what I understand, the South Beach Marriott DOES have a beach but doesn't really have any restaurants/shops within walking distance.

Can somebody educate me on the beach access of both properties? Do both offer ocean front views from which you can see the cruise ships? Which of the two would you reccommend...why?

Thanks so much!

Hi - I posted a question on the Biscayne Bay Marriott a week ago - look at the responses for the thread: Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay - how is it? Because we're traveling with two kids, I decided to change my points to the Courtyard Oceanfront on Collins Ave so they can play on the beach.

Hello there,

My family and I are cruising out of Miami in late October and would like to stay at either the Biscayne Bay Marriott or the South Beach Marriott on the day before as well as the day after the cruise. I have enough Marriott points for either of the two, but I'm looking for some opinions from you seasoned cruisers.

The Biscayne Bay one sounds nice because it's within walking distance of Bayside Market, but it doesn't appear it has a beach on the property. From what I understand, the South Beach Marriott DOES have a beach but doesn't really have any restaurants/shops within walking distance.

Can somebody educate me on the beach access of both properties? Do both offer ocean front views from which you can see the cruise ships? Which of the two would you reccommend...why?

Thanks so much!

Having done several cruises, we always stayed at the Biscayne Bay. I can tell you there is no beach, we were fine with that. They do have a pool. The restaurant in the hotel served a great breakfast buffet. The view of the port with the ships lined up is spectacular, especially at night. We always had a room over looking the port and would sit watch the ships pull in and leave. Its quite a site watching large ships turn around in that bay. As for S. Beach I can't comment, we have never stayed there but will be this coming November. Part of our pre cruise package includes the Holiday Inn in S Beach and not in Biscayne Bay. Hope this helps a little. Happy cruising!!!

Archived