Booking with A agent?

katiecat

Do you people who cruise a lot book of cruises do you use a agent or book your own?

I ALWAYS use an agent, then I can call and ask my 100 questions, even last minute stuff and she never gets tired of me or my questions or my changes I seem to have to make. I like dealing with her, she now knows me and my family, our likes and dislikes and where we've been or want to go.

I think it is better to book with a TA as they can put a group together and if they book more than 8 cabins you will normally get $100 on board credit per cabin.

The TA i now use sometime has as many as 100 cabins booked on the same cruise, also if you can manage to arrange 8 cabins for friends and family you can also receive a rebate equivalent to 1 persons fare

I have THE BEST TA. She always comes up with the best pricing, calls me when she has openings and specials on cruises, and always knows what I am looking for. They become part of the family! She is THE BEST!!! She never gets tired of my questions and is very prompt on responding to me.

Some of you posters really make me want to be a TA. Only thing is I have a conscience. I couldn't rip people off. If you have the time...and you know where you have been...do a little research on where you would like to go. Afterall, for me this is one of my favorite parts...the research. Then search out different cruise lines. I've researched some of the group cruises and cruises through a TA. I can always meet or beet the price on my own. Why book with a TA for a group cruise to get 100.00 cabin credit, when you could have booked directly with the cruise line and got the same cabin for 100-200 less pp? It just don't make sence to me.

I ALWAYS use an agent, then I can call and ask my 100 questions, even last minute stuff and she never gets tired of me or my questions or my changes I seem to have to make. I like dealing with her, she now knows me and my family, our likes and dislikes and where we've been or want to go.

That pretty much describes my TA. :cool:

Some of you posters really make me want to be a TA. Only thing is I have a conscience. I couldn't rip people off. If you have the time...and you know where you have been...do a little research on where you would like to go. Afterall, for me this is one of my favorite parts...the research. Then search out different cruise lines. I've researched some of the group cruises and cruises through a TA. I can always meet or beet the price on my own. Why book with a TA for a group cruise to get 100.00 cabin credit, when you could have booked directly with the cruise line and got the same cabin for 100-200 less pp? It just don't make sence to me.

Did you perhaps have a bad experience with a TA? Your experience doesn't seem to be the case with the majority of cruisers. Never heard of CCL undercutting TA's prices. If that were the case wouldn't most people get the cheapest rate they could find from a TA and call CCL to reduce the price even further?

Bill

I think it is better to book with a TA as they can put a group together and if they book more than 8 cabins you will normally get $100 on board credit per cabin.

The TA i now use sometime has as many as 100 cabins booked on the same cruise, also if you can manage to arrange 8 cabins for friends and family you can also receive a rebate equivalent to 1 persons fare

All that, with regards to groups is correct. You do not however, have to book through a TA to get it, you can get the same perks booking yourself through the Carnival groups department.

As some of the posters have said.....It's also about service! TA's can provide valuable assistance and service that SOME people cannot do on their own. As you can, that is good for you, but for the many people that benefit from the service, knowledge, groups, discounts, advice of their ta's it is certainly NOT a rip off.!!! I doesn't cost more to use a TA. The cruise lines pay anyway.

We've been on 20 cruise over the last 15 years and used the same TA. Here's what i do....i research the the web...find a cruise i would like...check all agencies for best deal...print it out...take it to my TA and ask her can she do better...SHE ALWAYS BEAT or MATCHES ANY DEAL I'VE FOUND. Works the same way with airfare.

I feel this is the best way to go. She provides all the amenities you just don't get when dealing over the web. I have sent her customers and in turn she looks out for us. I might add we're in our sixties and have cruised all the popular lines.

I book with a carnival PVP at carnival. I look on line first at there web page than call my PVP I always use, talk to her and see if I can do better than the carnival web page on cabin and price. You never know unless you ask. I have been ungraded by her right at the time of booking. Its good to always use the same person to book with, and to get to know them

Archived