Anyone just off Inspiration? I have questions!!!

Top-Cat

Anyone just off the inspiration?

What movies are playing right now?

Was there a midnight buffet/deck party? What was the theme? Mexican?

Do they have the Gala Buffet on the 4 day?

Was the slide open yet?

We're leaving this Thursday!!!

You are asking all the same questions I have! :D

We leave the day you return so I am full of questions. It looked like a pretty small roll call for this sailing that returned today but hopefully someone will bring us some info soon. I am especially interested in the capers and cabin upgrades. We are in our first Cat 11 and the first time on the Verandah deck so I am really excited!

As of 10/8 the slide was not open yet. We sailed on the first cruise out of dry dock, and it left a lot to be desired. We did have a great time, but there were a lot of issues. When we first got on the ship the water was turned off for about an hour, so you could not flush the toilets or wash your hands. Later our toilet quit working and we have to have maintenance fix it. There was no doorknob on our bathroom door, so if you shut the door for privacy you got stuck in there. Again maintenance had to come in, put a door knob on that didn't really fit just so we could use it. The hallway reeked of gasoline for the first couple of hours with no explanation. There are brand new TV's in the room and ours had to replaced, we never did get one to work with all the channels so we could not watch the ship video. We were supposed to sail at 4 and it was almost 6 when we pulled off. It seemed like most of the ladies' restrooms were closed on what ever floor we were on and the floor under and above, so we either had to go back to our cabin to use the restroom or ambush the men's room. The pool was out of commission until the day we were in Cozumel, so we only had the second sea day for the water. One hot tub was full, but was cold and full of kids that were bored inside and wanted to swim. Understandable, but frustrating. There was a midnight gala buffet on the second night, which was formal night. There was another midnight buffet the 3rd night, it as Mexican. I have sailed Carnival in the past and always say how good the food is, but it left a lot to be desired this time. I don't know if it's because they didn't have to cook the entire month before or what.

All in all we made our own fun and really loved the trip, but the ship was in far worse condition than I expected after a month in dry dock :(

i'm sorry to hear that the first sailing post dry dock was not what you expected. i am also anxious to hear more from those just off as DH and I sail on thursday with you TopCat!!!

as long as there is a chair in the sun for me to sit and read a book and veg......i'll be OK. but i do hope those other ammenities are up and running very soon!!!!

I am taking my kids on there first cruise the 22nd of this month. I really hope that the pools and slides are up and running. My kids have read the carnival brochure from cover to cover and would be really dissappointed if the pools and slide wasn't running.

As of 10/8 the slide was not open yet. We sailed on the first cruise out of dry dock, and it left a lot to be desired. We did have a great time, but there were a lot of issues. When we first got on the ship the water was turned off for about an hour, so you could not flush the toilets or wash your hands. Later our toilet quit working and we have to have maintenance fix it. There was no doorknob on our bathroom door, so if you shut the door for privacy you got stuck in there. Again maintenance had to come in, put a door knob on that didn't really fit just so we could use it. The hallway reeked of gasoline for the first couple of hours with no explanation. There are brand new TV's in the room and ours had to replaced, we never did get one to work with all the channels so we could not watch the ship video. We were supposed to sail at 4 and it was almost 6 when we pulled off. It seemed like most of the ladies' restrooms were closed on what ever floor we were on and the floor under and above, so we either had to go back to our cabin to use the restroom or ambush the men's room. The pool was out of commission until the day we were in Cozumel, so we only had the second sea day for the water. One hot tub was full, but was cold and full of kids that were bored inside and wanted to swim. Understandable, but frustrating. There was a midnight gala buffet on the second night, which was formal night. There was another midnight buffet the 3rd night, it as Mexican. I have sailed Carnival in the past and always say how good the food is, but it left a lot to be desired this time. I don't know if it's because they didn't have to cook the entire month before or what.

All in all we made our own fun and really loved the trip, but the ship was in far worse condition than I expected after a month in dry dock :(

Thanks for the info. Good grief! I hope the kinks are out by Thursday.

MK2-Welcome aboard. We had a roll call going but it is realy. slooooow. I haven't been over there is a few days so it I missed ya, Hidy Ho!

Archived