New to Holland America????

c5chaps

:confused: I am thinking of cruising with holland america in decemember 2007 i have never cruised with them before, i am looking at Category VH stateroom midship, eastern caribbean its me 47 dw45 dd9 i would like any and all feedback and thoughts ie: ship, stateroom cat. itineraries thank you !!!;)

I hope this helps. There is so much to share. Our demographics for our October, 2006 cruise on the Westerdam. DH 43, DD 8 (almost 9) and myself 35. We aren't big partiers and want to relax on the cruise. This was the perfect one.

DD had a blast in Club HAL. She met a little friend a couple of rooms down. The daughter of the captain was on board that week and spent some time in Club HAL, the kids got to go to her birthday party there. Definitely recommend this. Looks like you will be there for Christmas so Club HAL will be busier. We were there during school, there were about 25 kids total.

Itinerary: I would take this cruise in a hearbeat.

Half Moon Cay - This stop is worth the cruise without going anywhere else. Get a clamshell and relax. DD loved it and got her hair braided there as well.

St. Thomas - DD did not go here with us but we went while on Zuiderdam in 2005. I have found a very good restaurant and shopping. I like just wandering around. There are a lot of things to do there.

Nassau - We went on Royal Carribean spring 2006 for a 3 day with DD and she loved it. DH and I have now been twice. I recommend going over to Atlantis for the tour. DD loved this.

Overall on the cruise the things that we enjoyed were going to listen to the music before dinner. Sit and have drinks and a little snack. Folks getting up and dancing. This was one of DDs favorite things to do.

DD ate off the adult menu every night. She also loved getting pizza in the Lido at any time she wanted.

I could go on for hours about this. Do you have specific questions?

Can't speak to the cabin as we are getting our first verandah with our cruise in 2008.

Celeste

Category VH stateroom midship,

There are no "midship" VH ... only the ones very far forward, right over the show lounge stage, with the steel-walled railings, and just showers. These are the reasons that they are the cheapest verandahs on the ship. If you're going to book a VH for the price, book it as a guarantee and hopefully you'll be upgraded! :)

DD did all the shows with us, maybe one with Club HAL. I can dig out the dailies and the Club HAL schedules if you would like. There was one lady who sang and she was absolutely incredible. I think she sang with Yanni??? There was a magician as well. She loved the shows.

duhhh (brain fog)the cat. i,m looking at is VF not VH TA said they have staterooms avail. "midship" also are the shows ok for my 9 yr daughter??
The deck 5 VF aren't really the most midship either. You'd have to go to a VE for that. They're fine. The verandahs are only 4.5 ft deep (compared to 6 ft or 7.5 ft for higher cat cabins) but nice to have. Have you seen deck plans, or know where to find them? If not, come back and ask again.

If you're asking if the shows have too much "adult content" for a 9 y.o., I would say I've never seen a show on HAL where that would be a problem. About half of the shows are just singing and dancing. If there are jokes told by the comedians/jugglers/magicians that have sexual innuendo, they are usually subtle enough to go right over the head of a 9 y.o.! :)

can anyone tell me what is across from stateromm VH5070 on the westerdam looks like some sort of entrance ?? thanks for the input
There is no VH5070. Assuming you mean VF5070: it is probably just a steward's work room/closet. Whenever you see unlabelled white space on a deck plan it is generally work space of some sort.

Archived