CCL announces special stuff for Xmas cruises!!

dsclark

I am booked on the 12/19 Victory and I am real excited after reading this:

During the holidays, Carnival's "Fun Ships" are adorned with wreaths, lights, mistletoe, Christmas trees and other traditional decorations, setting the perfect mood. Seasonal music is available in guests' cabins and featured in various entertainment venues throughout the fleet. Hanukkah is also celebrated with the lighting of a menorah on board.

Highlighting each cruise is a lavish holiday revue with elaborate sets that create a "home away from home" atmosphere, including a faux oversized fireplace, large sofas and a Christmas tree, with decorations provided by children from "Camp Carnival."

The kids also get into the act, performing a dance routine with the ships' entertainers, and Santa makes an appearance to distribute toys to the youngsters on board. The show closes with a parade of crew members representing different nationalities on board and the singing of "Silent Night" by guests and crew.

Other featured events include readings of popular holiday stories such as "Twas the Night Before Christmas" by the ship's staff.

In addition to stunning decorations and fun-filled activities, Carnival's holiday sailings feature a special dinner menu on Christmas Day with Roast Tom Turkey and pecan pie. Complimentary champagne is served on embarkation and eggnog is available throughout the day on Lido deck.

We are booked for our first holiday cruise and looking forward to it (as long as we keep our GD telecomm jobs). It's going to be great to see the ship (and ports) decorated for the holidays. We'll be with our boys (12 and 14) also seasoned cruisers. Rates were more than usual but for a new ship and the holiday, I guess it was to be expected.

B,B,D, and J

We're also taking our first holiday cruise as a family. This will be our third cruise. Looking forward to meeting our new friends, spending time with family and not having to worry about cooking a single meal for 8 days!! Plus all the decorations...wow!!

We do have a thread on Roll call for the 12/21 Legend Sailing... please stop by!

Linda

For those of you who will be sailing before Christmas, you might want to know that the decorations are put up after Thanksgiving. We can enjoy them without paying the higher prices for the holiday cruises. You can still have the holiday spirit and then go home with your families and celebrate.

. We can enjoy them without paying the higher prices for the holiday cruises. You can still have the holiday spirit and then go home with your families and celebrate.

What higher prices? A couple of weeks ago, inside rooms on the Glory , 12/18, were going for $550 per per person incl port and taxes.

We are booked on Victory for 12/19 and we got two cabins for four people for $2400 total. We also have a bunch of other discounts to whittle that down. Still, this will be the cheapest cruise we have ever gone on, even cheaper than when we went on the Elation back in '98.

We sailed on the Paradise this past Christmas, and they did do all that was mentioned by the the first poster. The kids LOVED putting on the show, and having Santa visit. It was a great time going on a cruise at Christmas!!!

I am booked on the 12/19 Victory and I am real excited after reading this:

During the holidays, Carnival's "Fun Ships" are adorned with wreaths, lights, mistletoe, Christmas trees and other traditional decorations, setting the perfect mood. Seasonal music is available in guests' cabins and featured in various entertainment venues throughout the fleet. Hanukkah is also celebrated with the lighting of a menorah on board.

Highlighting each cruise is a lavish holiday revue with elaborate sets that create a "home away from home" atmosphere, including a faux oversized fireplace, large sofas and a Christmas tree, with decorations provided by children from "Camp Carnival."

The kids also get into the act, performing a dance routine with the ships' entertainers, and Santa makes an appearance to distribute toys to the youngsters on board. The show closes with a parade of crew members representing different nationalities on board and the singing of "Silent Night" by guests and crew.

Other featured events include readings of popular holiday stories such as "Twas the Night Before Christmas" by the ship's staff.

In addition to stunning decorations and fun-filled activities, Carnival's holiday sailings feature a special dinner menu on Christmas Day with Roast Tom Turkey and pecan pie. Complimentary champagne is served on embarkation and eggnog is available throughout the day on Lido deck.

You're going to love the Victory at Christmas. We've been there 3 times and can't imagine now spending the holidays any other way. Holiday Cruising is really special. Sure, it costs more but I really think its quite worth it!

About higher holiday sailing pricing --

My son had booked an OV on the Holiday for Nov. 8 out of Mobile - but changed it last week - to Dec. 20 (will be disembarking on Chistmas Day), and the difference was only $97 per person. I didn't think that was bad at all.

Looks very much like the way Royal Caribbean does Christmas. We had egg nog, caroling in the atrium, special dinner, the kids paraded with Santa through the ship and wound up at the atrium where Santa distributed toys to all of the kids (although a barnicle scraper isn't my idea of an appropriate child's gift. makes you wonder what the camp activities were like). A Christmas gift was also given to every passenger. Mine was a really nice gym bag with a detachable toiletry bag.

We're also sailing on the 12/19 Victory! I thought the price was wonderful !

Just have to get organized so that everything is done for the holiday before we leave and then come home and enjoy!

The price does rise considerable for the New Year's sailings !!!

Any single cruisers on the Victory?

Archived