Westin Hotel, FLL

2irisheyes

On arrival from UK we have a pre-cruise night at the Westin Hotel on Corporate Drive which looks like it is some way out of FLL (north). We didn't have any choice of hotel as it came with the package. As we don't really wish to have dinner in the hotel, does anyone know what the area is like, how safe for walking and if there is much around close to the hotel. Is there any transportation into FLL or what would a taxi cost. Thanks for any help.

I suggest you do a search of this board for Westin Fort Lauderdale. This location has been talked about more than once.

Having stayed at this hotel several years ago, I remember good beds, a Starbucks in the lobby, a corporate area with a nice walk around the hotel, but a relatively isolated location. If there has been more development since then, I'm sure someone will add to this.

Pincus

Not much in the immediate vicinity of the Westin but there's nothing to stop you from taking a short cab ride west of the hotel to Andrews Avenue. A good selection of steakhouses, pasta, seafood restaurants etc are a 5 minute cab ride away.

///////////////////

Yes nothing in the immediate vicinity but the hotel is fantastic, great rooms, really comfortable beds, we got room service as we arrived too late to be bothered with going to find somewhere to eat and that was fine. We had a room overlooking the ocean, with a small balcony. We were quite high up and the ocean seemed endless. I could've sat on that balcony for hours, a bit like being on a ship lol.

The hotel breakfast was lovely, and catered for our fussy 4yr old DD.

I would definitely stay there again when we are next in that area.

Suzie

Suziefloozie, was it the same Westin that you stayed in as the one we are booked into is a little inland and I wouldn't expect to be able to see the ocean unless you were higher than everything else around. There is a Westin Diplomat which i think is on Ocean Drive.

Archived