*** Tidewater Virginia Cruisers ***

VaBeachCruisers897

This is not voo-doo but possibly what we will do!!

I would like to start the first annual -

"Tidewater Virginia Winter Cruise Blues Get Together"

It really depends on the response as to what we will do and when we will do it but if we can get a few folks together it would be fun... I have seen many local cities on this board so I know it is possible.

If you live in the area and you and you are interested, please respond!

Ken

There's an all-Virginia thread in the Floataway Lounge (Island Cruisers of VA...), and I know there is at least one Tidewater cruiser.

Come on over. We've been posting for almost 4 years!

Joan, I will stop by but I was looking to find some REALLY local people that would be willing to go out for drinks and chit chat about cruising; next cruise etc...

Have you ever had such a get together... ? I know it's near impossible but it would be fun...

Ken

Ken,

We have a few get togethers throughout the year, most of the time it's just the ladies who will get together when we can for dinner. We've had lots of men on the thread, but they keep disappearing! The men definitely come to the summer pool party and the holiday party. Everyone from all over Virginia, DC and Maryland are welcome.

A bunch of the members cruised together in 2006 (DH and I decided to go to Alaska instead). We and another couple are going to the Panama Canal in March.

We'd love to have more male comaraderie! We used to have lots and it was fun with lots of kidding around. Nothing funny happens, believe me. We just like to kid around (we were accused of being a "swingers" club. Please, we're all middle-aged old married folks!)

I found the thread in February 2004 before our first cruise; they were just planning their first potluck. I dragged my husband to Winchester; told him if things were weird, we were out of there. There must have been 50 people there! Only about 10 of us have stayed close.

We're going to be down in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks--Poquoson. I'm going to be meeting with some Scottish Terrier (we have two) friends.

BTW, we loved the Crown Southern Caribbean Explorer cruise last April. I want to do the "other" week--the one that includes St. Lucia. We're also interested in a Mexican Riveria cruise for 2009, but I hate Sapphire has such a short day in Cabo. Having to be back on the ship by 1:30 makes it a "why bother" day.

Hello.... I think I would be the "Tidewater area" part of the VACruisers thread in the Floataway lounge that Joan was talking about. We are in northern Suffolk (near Harborview). But I have to say... most of my summer is spent in VA Beach (Sandbridge). :)

We go to NOVA 2 times a year to get together with the fine folks on that thread. We would definately plan some get togethers in this area as well. I have to say... we haven't gone out much lately... my hubby has been working alot. But, with enough planning, we can go out.

We have 2 cruises planned right now. Mariner Sept 7, 2008 and Freedom Nov 2, 2008. Wish we had something sooner but we have alot going on right now.

Anyhow... nice to see others in this area posting. So far I have been alone in the Tidewater area on the VACruisers Thread. You should think about joining our group too.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no activity over here huh? Where are all the cruisers from this part of VA?????????????

How was the view from Norfolk watching the Grand Princess? Wasn't it dark when the ship left????? Where did you go for your drinks? I saw your pics on the other thread... nice. Wish I had been able to make it.

We went to Joes Crapshack - We will go there at least once every five years; not our favorite place. But they do sell buckets of beer and that's just perfect.

There were a few others there and everyone was talking ship - it was fun. And yes it was dark when the ship was leaving...

We went to Joes Crapshack - We will go there at least once every five years; not our favorite place. But they do sell buckets of beer and that's just perfect.

There were a few others there and everyone was talking ship - it was fun. And yes it was dark when the ship was leaving...

I will have to remember that about Joe's. You can't celebrate sail away without the bucket of beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did you know the ship was going to be there that day...... is there a port schedule for Norfolk? I would love to sail Grandeur of the Seas next summer from Norfolk. We almost jumped on the 2 night Carnival cruise to nowhere in October.... but the price went up before I booked it... and it was too $$ for my liking.

Archived