Getting refund at the port?

Clint's Mom

How does one go about getting a tax refund if you are not leaving from the airport, but from the port? I am sure there is a certain place to look for. Thanks to anyone who knows the answer! I am speaking of the port of Buenos Aires,sorry for not making that clear.

How does one go about getting a tax refund if you are not leaving from the airport' date=' but from the port? I am sure there is a certain place to look for. Thanks to anyone who knows the answer! I am speaking of the port of Buenos Aires,sorry for not making that clear.[/quote']

Tax refund for what???

You mean like the VAT refund in the UK and Europe???

First, you have to shop at participating shops-generally available at the upscale shops, not the funky, fun markets. You have to purchase at least $70.00 per invoice per store. You have to ask the shop for the forms and fill them out there. You can have a check sent to your house. This is all handled by Global Refund. You will have to present the forms and invoices (MAKE SURE YOU KEEP COPIES) to customs. You can get the cash in BA from the refund office if you have time.

Here is further info:

http://www.globalrefund.com/default.asp?viewSectionId=156

Yes it is a tax refund on things you have bought while in BA. I believe it has to be about $100 from each store you shop in. I have heard that the stores sometimes will take off the % ( I think about 15%) at the time of purchase' date=' if you ask them.[/quote']

See previous post-we must have been posting at the same time.

I never try to get VAT back-just ask for the discount upfront worldwide. If I can't get it, I shop elsewhere. Too much hassle for a small amount of money.

Archived