Xmas Presents for Staff

floridaphilly

My sisters and I are taking my 85 year old mother on the 12/15/07 Carribean Cruise on the Pride to celebrate her birthday. The last day is 12/22 and it being so close to Christmas I wonder if it would be appropriate to have small gifts for the staff. If so what would you recommend that would be easy to carry.And who would you recommend we give them to, so as to not cause hard feelings.

Let me suggest you, your sisters and your Mother take a Christmas card.....make a contribution to the Crew Fund , then each of you sign the card. Take it to the Crew Purser and ask he/she to post the card in the Crew Mess Hall. The money will be greatly appreciated and the entire Crew will know who the sweet Guests are that "treated" them! They use the monies for various things ~~~

I always make a donation to the Crew Fund, but also take "fun" gifts to my Stewardess, a few waiters, etc......(also, International Pre-paid Phone Cards are also nice to take)

I'm taking Halloween Costumes to many of the Crew Members next week~~~actually I UPSed the costume box's to the B&B in Gloucester, then I'll board with the cardboards!

I was aboard the Pride last Christmas ~~it was pure magic!

Have a marvelous time!

Martita B.

Martha is right as usual, a donation to the crew fund is most welcome. If you want to take something for your stewardess that's thoughtful too. I often pack some Christmas earrings, or something small like that. Or, you can pack some decorations which don't take up much room to decorate your mother's suite and then leave them on board.

I can only imagine Halloween with Martha's costumes. What fun! I wonder if one could go trick or treating to the suites! Go with a champagne glass in hand!

Thanks for the suggestions. We will follow through. By the way Jane we are all from Philadelphia as well. I'm the only one who moved away. I now live in Florida. Would love to meet you or Martita. We'll be on the Legend crossong. Will either of you be there?

Phyllis

Another idea ~~~Last Dec. I took a small artifical Christmas tree,

with 3 strands of the battery op. white twinkle lights and all the small decorations. (all from Hobby Lobby) One afternoon at the Sky Bar we decorated the tree.....just passed it a'round and everyone helped. We had such a good time ~~~and it was truly beautiful. We signed a card and I took it to the Purser for her to take to the Crew Mess for their table......they were thrilled, as they knew it was decorated with love for all of them to enjoy by Pride Guests!

Jane, the crew is very excited about their spook costumes.....I do believe the "word" has gotten a'round the Pride that the witch is flyin' in on her broomstick with "goodies for all!" :confused:

MB

By the way Jane we are all from Philadelphia as well. I'm the only one who moved away. I now live in Florida. Would love to meet you or Martita. We'll be on the Legend crossong. Will either of you be there? Phyllis

I am off tomorrow to join the Spirit and then in January to the Pride. I am not a fan of crossings, so there aren't any on my schedule. But you will have a wonderful time, no matter which sister and which itinerary.

However, when in Philly, I am available for lunch/dinner/drinks..or chit chat.

Phyllis,

You might consider giving a donation to the Pride Crew/Staff (along with your signed card) to help with their "Three Kings Day" Crew party. This event is held aboard the ship every Jan 6th. Europeans

always celebrate this day honoring the three Kings, "Melchor, Caspar and Balthazer."

A couple of years ago a number of we Guests pooled our monies and hosted their "King's" party ~~it was a big success and very much appreciated. (lobster & Corona's)

Again, all Crew Members enjoy the contribution, instead of just a few. Sooo many Crew members we don't see (boiler room fellows, laundry staff, deck boy's, dishwashers, etc., etc.) or have the opportunity to "thank them" for their never-ending efforts to make our sailing's "the best ever!"~~~~~

Just another idea ~~~:p

Martita B.

Archived