Cape Liberty Bayonne - Car Rental Shuttles?

shakespeare

We are flying into Newark two days before our cruise and renting a car. Since we will have to turn it in at the airport, I was wondering if there are any shuttles to the cruise pier offered by any of the rental companies?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Liz

We are flying into Newark two days before our cruise and renting a car. Since we will have to turn it in at the airport, I was wondering if there are any shuttles to the cruise pier offered by any of the rental companies?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Liz

NO-you will have to take a taxi, cruise line transfer, shuttle, etc to the port.

And just curious-where are you going to drive your rental car??? I hope not into NYC. You would be far better off taking public transport if you are spending time in NYC. If you are going to Philly or places in NJ, the car is necessary. But please don't rent a car and try to take it into NYC. Not only is the parking price astronomical, but you really hamper yourself with a car in NYC.

Thanks for the quick reply greatam. We have family in Staten Island and Brooklyn and will be renting the car to visit them. Originally we were going to stay in Jersey City and take the PATH into downtown NYC and take the subway from there....but decided we would have more freedom with a car. I moved out of NY in 1990....parking in the City was expensive then...can't imagine what it costs now:) If we have time to do any sightseeing in the City we will be using public transportation.

Thanks again.

Liz

Archived