Taxi VS. Car Service NY

justme75

I have a question for you NYers... or anyone else that would know the answer!!

We are arriving at LaGuardia airport on a Friday afternoon about 3 pm. We need to go to the Midtown/W 39 St. Pier to take the ferry across to our hotel.

What is the best way to achieve this? Is it better to take a cab? Should we hire a car service? And if so which one? How much should we expect this to cost?

We have looked at staying in the city but just can not afford the hotel rates (or rather I refuse to pay the rates they are charging). This works for us in terms of budget and plus I don't mind going back and forth across the river.

I am looking at what would be the fastest way without costing an arm and a leg - really hoping under $100 for both of us. We are hoping to go back into the city in the evening to go shopping a bit so the quickest way to the hotel would be great.

Any suggestions - besides staying in the city lol... I know it would make things simpler but this is the way we are going - would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.:D

I have a question for you NYers... or anyone else that would know the answer!!

We are arriving at LaGuardia airport on a Friday afternoon about 3 pm. We need to go to the Midtown/W 39 St. Pier to take the ferry across to our hotel.

What is the best way to achieve this? Is it better to take a cab? Should we hire a car service? And if so which one? How much should we expect this to cost?

We have looked at staying in the city but just can not afford the hotel rates (or rather I refuse to pay the rates they are charging). This works for us in terms of budget and plus I don't mind going back and forth across the river.

I am looking at what would be the fastest way without costing an arm and a leg - really hoping under $100 for both of us. We are hoping to go back into the city in the evening to go shopping a bit so the quickest way to the hotel would be great.

Any suggestions - besides staying in the city lol... I know it would make things simpler but this is the way we are going - would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.:D

A taxi should run you about $30 to the NY Waterway ferry.

Archived