Everything Sensation, please!

umpalumpa14588

We have a 12:30 flight scheduled out of Orlando post cruise. Think we'll be ok? If we were to change departure times, would we have to pay deviation again?

There is absolutely no way to know for sure. Carnival has no control over the customs process or when the ship will be released. "Normally" debarkation starts around 08:00 but nothing is guaranteed..

Are the OV quads really big enough for say 2 adults and 2 children (15,8)? I kind of torned between getting two cabins (I want to be comfortable) or just getting the one. I know the quads have a sofa bed right? Is there a bunk also?

No sofa beds in the OV rooms on Sensation. They are identical to the inside rooms, but with a window. Only Carnival's newer classes have the sofas in the OVs. You said you wanted comfort, if that is the case then get two rooms. I would not want to pile 4 people into one of those cabins. It is possible since alot of the rooms have either single or double pull-down bunks, but it will be cramped with 4 people and their luggage. I would just get the kids a room either next door, or accross the hall. You may have to tell Carnival that there is 1 adult in each room, but you can switch once you get on board.

You may want to look into a cat.11 demi suite. Those do have sofas, but I dont know if they convert to a bed. If they do, it may be cheaper than two OV rooms, plus you would get a balcony and VIP boarding!

Can anyone tell me if the Sensation has received the over-haul yet? Photos anyone? I am curious to know if they are going to have been revamped by March. Thanks!

Its gotten some. The suites have all been refurbed, but the regular cabins have not (as of May). They will finish itt all up when it gets the big Evolutions of Fun drydock sometime next year.

Really would appreciate it if anyone could answer me these questions:

Would you recommend the snorkelling in Freeport and the glass bottom boat in Nassau?

Does the Sensation have two cards or one (for room)...

THANKS to anyone that can answer this for me...

We were on the Sensation in June and did the Glass Bottom boat in Nassau. We enjoyed it and it was reasonably priced. In Freeport, we did the Jeep excursion which was really fun so I don't know about the snorkeling.

As for cards I believe we had one for the room in addition to the sign & sail card.

Happy Cruising!!

Would you recommend the snorkelling in Freeport and the glass bottom boat in Nassau?

Might want to check out the Ports Of Call bahamas forum for info on the excursions. As for the cards ... yes, you have your regular S&S card and then a little beige key card for the door. A bit of a PIA, but I only locked myself out once. :D

Now, when in Freeport, what should we do and when? We would like to do the snorkelling excursion through Carnival, but then spend some time on the beach and check out the International Bazaar if we have time. Are these things all close to eachother or how should we plan so we aren't paying $50 in cab fare to go from one side of the island to another? Thanks!

We've been on Sensation twice over the last two years. We booked a snorkling trip in nassau through http://www.stuartcove.com BEST BEST trip ever. It is very reasonably priced and the highlight of our trip BOTH times. The kids had a blast and it was very easy to find the pick up spot.

Freeport doesnt have alot to do, at least not anywhere near the dock. You have to take a taxi ($5 per person each way)to the other side of the island for the whole beach experience, but it sure is beautiful water! We went to the beach behind the Windham Resort and snuck into the pool area after awhile. We stayed for about an hour before being kicked out, but it looks like they may have a day pass excursion offered through carnival now. But, if you are looking for some good snorkling I HIGHLY recommend doing it in Nassua with Stuart Cove, you wont be disappointed!

BTW, We had a room with two bunks on the wall. There was plently of room for all our luggage and the kids. Only thing that sort of sucked was you coudnt sit up straight in the "floor" bed with the bunk down, but it wasnt a big deal, we just kept it up when we were up and moving around. You will love "Shinshation" as my 3 yr old calls her. Im drooling for a chance to cruise again!

We have a 12:30 flight scheduled out of Orlando post cruise. Think we'll be ok? If we were to change departure times, would we have to pay deviation again?

You'll be okay. They let the folks w/ flights off first. Make sure your shuttle is arranged.

I just returned from the Sensation and we didn't have a hair dryer in our room. We also did the glass bottom boats in Nassau which was fun and DRY. The weather was a little cool so it was nice to be able to see the coral and fish without getting wet. I hope you have a good time on your cruise.

Was on Sensation end of July. Did the Junkanoo Beach party in Freeport through Carnival. Very pretty and relaxing. Also did Stuarts Cove snorkeling in Nassau. Got up the nerve to swim with the sharks. We did the afternoon one. Took a limo ride around the island and did a rum run in the morning. Am starting to suffer from withdrawl symptoms! Need to book another cruise, (scratches arm violently) Need to book another cruise! :p

It was my first and only cruise to date -

we're going western carib. in May and will land in Freeport again....this time we will do---- Spend a fun-filled day at Grand Bahama Island's only all-inclusive beachfront resort- Wyndham--The last time we were there in Jan 07 there wasn't much to do - but I didn't care -- did go on a rough water snorkel which I didn't do - I just stayed on the boat -- wasn't as good as other snorkel places like Jamaica and Cancun.....Freeport was a little bit of a letdown in general as is an ugly port BUT I was having the time of my life getting away from home and kids and bills!

I think we went to blackbeard's beach last time at Nassau but if I ever got to go again there it would be Atlantis! This time will be going on Glory - BIG ship -- I think I probably might like less ship and less people like we had last time.

We had quiet dinners, ocean view, in fact since it was the first week of January - more of a "dead" week for cruising - we had the "disco" all to ourselves at one point!

There were many times we could go out on the deck and just be alone and feel the breeze -- I've NEVER seen sooooo many stars in my 45 years! The food was AWESOME - the chocolate melting cake - you can order a fancy dish and if you don't like it - order another! Fooooood was plentiful and lots to choose from - most /all carnival ships have the same I believe. HAVE FUN!

Did I hear correctly that she has those pumps in the shower for shampoo & body wash?

Yes. Well, at least they were there in July. With all this refurb talk going on I don't know what's what. They are pre filled though and with what I don't know. There was a basket in the bathroom with trial size things in it as well. Just an FYI, there is ample room in the med chest for day creams, night creams, makeup ect.. If you plan on your own shampoo and soap you may want to consider small bottles, they would also fit. As is my tradition, I over packed for our trip. I have an over the door canvas shoe holder that I brought along that we kept everything in. LOL

Did I hear correctly that she has those pumps in the shower for shampoo & body wash?

Yes they were there in December. In my cabin they were not labeled and for the life of me I could not tell which was body wash and which was shampoo (one was blue liquid, the other yellow). Either way I'd brought my own body wash and there were a couple sample packets of garnier fructis shampoo & conditioner in a bowl on my sink. Next time I'll bring a travel bottle of my own.

Archived