"Water window" at Locanda Orseolo

Its like a picture window on a hinge. The water taxi pulls up to it and you just step into the room There's always someone from LO to help you, so it's really not a problem. I have back problems and I did fine. It's really a fun way to arrive. Have a great time.

Joan

If this attachment works, then you'll get an idea. We tried to get water taxi from airport but they said there that water was too high. I read somewhere else that someone was told this and called Locanda Orseolo and had them talk to the water taxi guy and suddenly it was low enough to go direct.

I just took the public water bus to San Marco and walked from there. it's easier to have the map with you and get a porter if you have a lot of luggage as you're going across cobbled streets and there's at least one bridge to go over.

however met some people at the hotel who were going to the port for same cruise so we all shared a water taxi from hotel to ship.

Frances

DSCF0072_2.JPG.a83a2bf295898c88b752a04623a27806.JPG

Do you mind if I ask the current price of the water taxi from the hotel to the cruise port?

Also, how much did the porter with your luggage cost - trying to balance the cost of the water bus + porter and water taxi.

Thanks!!!

We paid 90 euro's in May 2007 from the airport water taxi area to San Marco Square. No taxi would agree to take us directly to the LO. Lot of excuses and rude attitudes. The one that did take us said the water was too low (lie#1),then upon arrival at SM he told us to walk into the square and make the second left (lie#2), I asked him to please call the hotel, and have them keep an eye out for 4 bewilderer, tired tourist trugging through the SM square. He said that he would (lie#3). LO to the ship port was 90 euro's.The hotel is initially difficult to locate but well worth it. The "water window" is actually the original front door to the hotel at an earlier time. But do to the sinking of the island, and thus requiing the raising of the hotel s first floor, the door is now half the original size. Thus it looks like a low, shuttered window. It was quite intesting when explained to us by Gigi, and when he indicated floodline in the lobby (18" above the floor)and faux marble bases that can be removed when flooding is forcasted!

Hello...

To those concerned about the water window...no problem. We were there about three weeks ago and four of us, with lots of luggage for a later cruise, took Venezia Taxi service from the airport (the only ones who seem to take you without excuses or hassles) directly to the window.

The cost was 120 euro-more than 100 quoted to others because of luggage surplus-we overpacked- (worth every penny) and we tipped as the gondolier was quite good natured about navigating the small canals crowded with gondolas (great atmosphere). The ride across the lagoon was quite lovely and if you look at this as "part of a tour" instead of simple transportation, you might want to consider the this money very well spent.

For those worried about getting INTO the window...I was the oldest/creakiest at 60+ and I had no problem at all going up the steps of the taxi and into the window. They remind you to duck! You have help both from the gondolier and from the spectacular hosts.

I hope that this will calm some of the fears of those concerned about the "water window. The Locanda has already been given so many spectacular reviews that I will simply echo what's been said before. It's far and away the best B & B in Venice.

Enjoy!

murphysmum

Hello...

To those concerned about the water window...no problem. We were there about three weeks ago and four of us, with lots of luggage for a later cruise, took Venezia Taxi service from the airport (the only ones who seem to take you without excuses or hassles) directly to the window.

The cost was 120 euro-more than 100 quoted to others because of luggage surplus-we overpacked- (worth every penny) and we tipped as the gondolier was quite good natured about navigating the small canals crowded with gondolas (great atmosphere). The ride across the lagoon was quite lovely and if you look at this as "part of a tour" instead of simple transportation, you might want to consider the this money very well spent.

For those worried about getting INTO the window...I was the oldest/creakiest at 60+ and I had no problem at all going up the steps of the taxi and into the window. They remind you to duck! You have help both from the gondolier and from the spectacular hosts.

I hope that this will calm some of the fears of those concerned about the "water window. The Locanda has already been given so many spectacular reviews that I will simply echo what's been said before. It's far and away the best B & B in Venice.

Enjoy!

murphysmum

Thanks, your response takes a load off my mind. Where do we find Venezia upon our arrival. Thanks Maria

There are signs indicating where to go to reach the water taxi's. It is a bit of a walk, nothing awful, but it can be tiring after a long day of travele and pulling your luggage behind you. I do not know if there are porters that do it, as we did not see any.

There are signs indicating where to go to reach the water taxi's. It is a bit of a walk, nothing awful, but it can be tiring after a long day of travele and pulling your luggage behind you. I do not know if there are porters that do it, as we did not see any.

Thanks. Is Venezia in the same location with the rest?

Hello Maria...

RE: Venezia Taxi line...

When you arrive at the airport you will see directions to the water taxi line. It's about a five minute walk to the water. You'll see a line-up of water taxi's and it appears a bit confusing.

Simply ask at that point where to find Venezia taxi's. There was one available when we arrived so it was no problem. (I had spoken to a few other taxi drivers first about getting to L Orseola and they all said no, were a bit rude, etc...BUT, they did direct me to the Venezia area and it was no problem. Venezia was simply in the middle of a long line of other companies...not out of the way.

There may be some kind of marking on the taxis; we didn't notice it. However, the guy from Venizia was very nice and there was no hassle about where we wanted to go.

Enjoy your trip. You will LOVE the hotel.

Best,

murphysmum (Janed);)

We were in Venice two weeks ago and took Venezia water taxi to LO. They have a desk at the airport just after you go through customs and get your luggage. They charged us 110 Euro to Locanda Orseolo and that included transportation to the water taxi. We paid at the desk and they had a driver take us to the water taxi. I worried about it before because we'd had problems with getting a taxi to LO. This was really a piece of cake because of the transport to the water taxi which can be a pain when your lugging luggage and there was no problem with "high water" and the water window. Have fun.

Joan

When we were there in May, Venezia Taxi had a booth just before exiting the airport terminal building and also had a van to take us and our luggage to the taxi boat for an extra 10E.

Each Venezia Taxi has the company name on a sign in or under the side window.

Hello Maria...

RE: Venezia Taxi line...

When you arrive at the airport you will see directions to the water taxi line. It's about a five minute walk to the water. You'll see a line-up of water taxi's and it appears a bit confusing.

Simply ask at that point where to find Venezia taxi's. There was one available when we arrived so it was no problem. (I had spoken to a few other taxi drivers first about getting to L Orseola and they all said no, were a bit rude, etc...BUT, they did direct me to the Venezia area and it was no problem. Venezia was simply in the middle of a long line of other companies...not out of the way.

There may be some kind of marking on the taxis; we didn't notice it. However, the guy from Venizia was very nice and there was no hassle about where we wanted to go.

Enjoy your trip. You will LOVE the hotel.

Best,

murphysmum (Janed);)

Many Thanks. Leaving in a week. Maria

Archived