Tropical Depression 15

neverpar

Any word out there on this storm brewing......I'm hoping it won't effect our cruise next Sunday.....anything from the weather reports in PV, Mazatlan or Cabo??

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/ep200715.disc.html

The depression is way out in the middle of the ocean, and is drifting even further Northwest. No land is expected to be threatened, and the depression is forecast to lose intensity over the next 24 hours. Your ship will just stay close to the coastline, and it is very doubtful that you'll notice any effect from this weather pattern, except maybe some residual cloudiness. No advisory has been issued because the weather system is not projected to cause any issues.

Have a great time!

The depression is way out in the middle of the ocean, and is drifting even further Northwest. No land is expected to be threatened, and the depression is forecast to lose intensity over the next 24 hours. Your ship will just stay close to the coastline, and it is very doubtful that you'll notice any effect from this weather pattern, except maybe some residual cloudiness. No advisory has been issued because the weather system is not projected to cause any issues.

Have a great time!

Thank-you!! I have been trying to keep tabs on it....she now has a name...Kiko! I'm hoping she will just turn west and keep going!

Thank-you again for the reassurance..I have a tour booked with you to Las Caletas! I DON'T want to miss that!

Have a great time!

Ok, just checked wunderground and the hurricane center...it's moving and moving closer to mainland Mexico by some models. Some have it moving westward towards the open sea....

Again has anyone in the PV, Mazatlan area heard anything about this storm?

I have been watching too. We leave out of L.A. on Tuesday. Even Cabo is our last stop, the ship will still have to pass throught it. Even if it dissipates somewhat, the coast still looks like it will be cloudy. I will be alright with that so long as Kiko takes her mess somewhere else! I haven't found any live port cams to look at. If anyone has any links, please post!

I have been watching too. We leave out of L.A. on Tuesday. Even Cabo is our last stop, the ship will still have to pass throught it. Even if it dissipates somewhat, the coast still looks like it will be cloudy. I will be alright with that so long as Kiko takes her mess somewhere else! I haven't found any live port cams to look at. If anyone has any links, please post!

We leave Sunday.......I just hope Kiko turns west and heads out to sea...far far away from our cruises...

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/

From this website, you can find both port cams and ship cams. We, too, will be on a cruise in Mexico next week, so really hope that this *storm* heads back out to sea!!!

Tropical Storm Kiko has changed it's path as it has grown more organized, and is now poised to brush by Mexico's Western Coast over the next few days.

Kiko currently has winds of 40 mph. The NWS lists

Puerto Vallarta - 15% chance of winds over 39 mph (Sunday highest probability). Only a 3% chance of winds over 58 mph. Zero percent chance of hurricane force winds.

Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan are still too far out to tell - Kiko wouldn't reach there until mid-next-week according to the current track.

We'll watch and see, and post updates along the way, as well as local reports from the affected (or unaffected) areas.

143525W_sm.gif

Yes, I certainly hope so. The only reason this thing formed is that it knew I was coming! I mean if I didn't have bad luck, well you know. LOL, Yall know I a joking. I will have a wonderful time wherever we are... let's just get out of the U.S.! I'll just keep looking out for it... it just is taking it's own sweet time.

The USA National Hurricane Center, and the Mexican federal government, have both issued advisories/warnings about Tropical Storm Kiko. At present, the area most affected seems to be from Zihuatenejo on the south to Manzanillo on the north. Heavy rain is expected during the next 24-36 hours. The storm is projected to move northward during the days ahead.

Here's the website of the National Hurricane Center, and you can check up-to-the-minute information about the storm there:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Tropical Storm Kiko still has only 45 mph winds - not enough to do any damage to anything, but enough to kick up some rough water and drop a good amount of rain. It is now located about 140 miles S-SW of Manzanillo. The storm track now projects that the storm will turn West well before reaching the Baja on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Puerto Vallarta - No tropical Storm Watch has been issued. 29% chance of winds between 39 mph and 57 mph. Zero percent chance of hurricane winds.

Mazatlan - No tropical storm watch has been issued. 17% chance of winds between 39 mph and 57 mph. Zero percent chance of hurricane winds.

Cabo San Lucas - No tropical storm watch has been issued. 26% chance of winds between 39 mph and 57 mph. Zero percent chance of hurricane winds.

143524W_sm.gif

Archived