B747 on the Sapphire/Diamond

Baxter

Every once in a while I throw up this post in hopes that someone has stayed in or seen this cabin...more specifically, the balcony. In the layout it looks like it has some extra room on it and I'm just trying to confirm this. Can anyone help me?

I haven't seen this cabin, but it sure looks like the balcony is bigger to me. I've checked the deck plans on three different sites and they are all showing that the balcony in these cabins are a bit larger. I don't know that they would be larger than the ones on caribe though.

• 2 years later...
Every once in a while I throw up this post in hopes that someone has stayed in or seen this cabin...more specifically, the balcony. In the layout it looks like it has some extra room on it and I'm just trying to confirm this. Can anyone help me?

One of the other members of the group we're traveling with has this cabin. I found a picture of it and put an arrow on it to show the exact location.

I'll try attaching it to this post (hopefully it works - I haven't tried this before.)

B747.jpg.e880185c97f7abc93e4b13dbf489e6e8.jpg

My daughter had one of these rooms on the Diamond last year. She booked a GTY and got assigned the cabin. I was also on the cruise and went out on her balcony to check it out. It was nice, maybe a bit bigger than the other Baja deck balconies. It was shaped just like the diagram is on the deck plan. It faced forward a bit more than the photo shows. The only drawback to me was that it had a "solid" balcony rather than a glass one but my daughter liked the extra privacy.

• 4 years later...
My daughter had one of these rooms on the Diamond last year. She booked a GTY and got assigned the cabin. I was also on the cruise and went out on her balcony to check it out. It was nice, maybe a bit bigger than the other Baja deck balconies. It was shaped just like the diagram is on the deck plan. It faced forward a bit more than the photo shows. The only drawback to me was that it had a "solid" balcony rather than a glass one but my daughter liked the extra privacy.

Thanks for the info. We have this room booked for Alaska in September. We didn't realize it had the solid balcony. I don't think it will make any difference for us but it's always good to know these things beforehand.

Believe me you will appreciate the covered balcony if it happens to rain - which it did 12 out 14 days when we cruised to Alaska last August! Our balcony was uncovered and virturally useless the entire cruise. Wish we had booked and inside and saved the extra $$'s.

• 6 months later...

Loved the room and the covered balcony. Balcony is a bit larger than others I think. Having it covered worked great when it rained. From the picture posted above, I didn't realize that the railing was the same as the other balconies which was nice. Would definitely book this room again if I was sailing on the Diamond.:D

Archived