What is this building?

TheBeachBears

Our friends recently went on a tour of San Juan and they went to a all marble government building, when they asked the tour guide he was unable to tell them what it was used for? Does anyone know? It was Italian Marble if the helped with a big dome?

http://www.beachtrading.net/cpr/images/elcapitolio.jpg

yes, it is the capitol building of the Puerto Rican government, inside you have the parlament (senate and legislature) and the original copy of the Constitution of Puerto Rico (signed in 1952 which declared self government for PR and a political state of free association with the US) is in a glass centerpiece along with Puerto Rico's national flag also raised in 1952.http://www.senadopr.us/images/rotonda_copitolio.jpg

I have to agree with orquidia about the tour guide who doesnt know.

I had mentioned this to one of the tour guides I know and he mentioned this to a Tour Guide Association. The Association wanted to know more about the matter. THat is why I asked you to e-mail me. If you cant and dont want to contact them or me I understand but just in case there email is vlntnvega@yahoo.com Valentin Vega.

They said that it is not a question about critizing the guide who told you that he did not know about it but to inform the Tourist Board about actual problems in the industry.

Thank you, both. I will have the gentleman who went on the tour email. I am sure that is the building, it just may be a strange angle. Once I saw the inside of the dome in other pictures it is the same. I will be visiting in May I think we will be doing a walking tour so I am uncertain if we are going to see this building, I am thinking not, I am really looking forward to forming my own opinion on the port as our friends did not have a good time or as you can imagine on the tour. Thanks so much for your help.

Archived