Snorkel options for 2?

heychadwick

Hello All!

I've been reading the boards and I really want to do an all day snorkel tour from an independant. It's just my wife and I, though. All the people that get recommended here require 4 people for all day tours and none of them have anyone we can team up with for the day. What are my options?

I booked a great tour in Barbados (Silver Moon tours) where we will be two of 24 people on a catamaran and do all the same stuff that we are looking to do in this port. Isn't there anything like that possible for St. Thomas? It seems that the only options are to take the overcrowded cruise ship excursions or have just the right number of people (4-6) for a private catamaran tour.

I hear Trunk Bay is best, so I am especially interested in that area. I would also be interested in any area that had a ship wreck that would be interesting to see. Did I hear that there was a place in St. Thomas/St. John area?

I would not pay for a tour. The best snorkeling in St. John is accessible from the beach. Just go to Red Hook and catch the ferry to Cruz Bay St. John. Then get a taxi to Trunk Bay or another beach of your choice. Cinnamon Cay just off Cinnamon Bay beach has excellent snorkeling.

Or rent a dinghy at Cruz Bay from Noah's Little Arks and explore all of St. John's north shore beaches. That's what we did last week, and had the time of our lives.

http://www.divelowkey.com/watersports.htm

Archived