Lotus Spa-Toxicity Seminar and Screening

sunneesmile

Did anybody do the seminar at the Lotus Spa about toxicity levels in the body. Also, they offered a toxicity screening. I did this on the Caribbean Princess and Tino was the respresentative I dealt with. Please respond if anyone has done on the CB or any other ship. They also do it on the RCL ships too.

I attended a couple of seminars offered at the fitness center on my last cruise. Each seminar ended up being a "tease" to learn more about the toxins in our bodies. I didn't fall for it, but it was $30 to be told you could benefit from their detoxifying program, which will run you in the hundreds. Even the trip to the spa ended in a body detox speech. A lousy end to what should have been a great experience.

Robin

My DW did it (with much regret after). Just a set-up scam for a sales pitch!! Total BS.

So did your DW buy products? Just curious. It is a shame that they do this, but I have head the same story across most cruise lines. I think on my next cruise, I am going to buy a spa package, massage, facial etc, just becasue I like to do those things on vacation. Then before we even get started, I am going to say that I do not want the sales pitch on any products and if I like them I will ask questions, and I may tell them up front, that their tip will depend on my being int he "nol sales pitch zone!"

If you are planning on a spa treatment, my advice is always start out with "I am not interested in buying any products, just want to relax and enjoy". I have even written it on that form they make you fill out. There is nothing worse than enjoying your treatment and then being bombarded with sales pitches. They love the you are full of toxin line.

So did your DW buy products? Just curious. It is a shame that they do this, but I have head the same story across most cruise lines. I think on my next cruise, I am going to buy a spa package, massage, facial etc, just becasue I like to do those things on vacation. Then before we even get started, I am going to say that I do not want the sales pitch on any products and if I like them I will ask questions, and I may tell them up front, that their tip will depend on my being int he "nol sales pitch zone!"

No, she did not. Just annoyed by the sales pitch!

I never understand why people what to spend there time on a cruise paying high prices for spa treatments on their cruise. I always treat myself at home -- a day or two before I leave -- for way less than on a cruise. That way my nails are done, my face isn't red from a facial and I'm relaxed from my massage before I get on the cruise!:cool:

Anything free is a sales pitch and when you buy services; massage, wrap, facial about 20% of YOUR time is spent on the hard sell. I still use the spa on every cruise; to get my hair colored, cut, or styled, but only after telling them at the appointment time that I have more products from my last cruise that I can ever use. Kinda hard to sell me more of what I already have. I also hint that I am a frequent cruiser and will take care of anyone who 'services' me. Two weeks ago just did not have time to color my hair before the cruise and had it done onboard. It was the end of a port day, had my hair colored [two applications roots and ends], then a great cut and style. My hair looked great and I was happy to voluntarily leave a 20% tip. NO SALES PITCH. I think the lady appreciated having a seasoned cruiser and more time to focus on the hair. She was JACKIE on the Caribbean Princess. I stayed on the ship another week. Hair color still good. Overheard other passengers commenting highly on this lady's work. She is worth seeking out. Jackie, is from London wants to have her own salon and I ALMOST would book the CB again to see her. Ship was so-so, but my hair was mah-volous!!!

I've only done the spa services on a HAL cruise. They never asked me to buy any products nor was I "up sold" into a more expensive treatment.

I do plan to get a massage on the Caribbean Princess this Dec. Hopefully I won't get a sales pitch.

There's an Aveda Institute in the St. Petersburg area, so I could get a good and inexpensive massage or facial treatment there, but there's something about getting it done on a cruise. Just the thought of not needing to go back to work within the next days makes me more relaxed and I enjoy the treatment more - so much so that I'm willing to pay TWICE what I'd pay at Aveda. ;)

Archived