Return Flight Time-will we make it???

loops

Our original flight home was at 2:30 p.m., I got an email notification from American Airlines that our flight has been changed to 12:55. Ship docs at 8:00....will we have enough time to get to airport, check bags in, go through security and get to gate from the time they start to disembark and we go through customs, claim bags and grab taxi? Do they still allow people will flights before 1:00 off first? We are traveling with my mother in law and our 3 kids (ages 5,5,8) so it may take a little longer with them. Figured we would catch 2 taxis back to airport, anybody have a better cost efficient way of getting to airport from port? We will be flying from Miami to Newark, NJ.

Thank you!!

Loops,

You will have no problem making that flight. We are on the same flight. We've taken many cruises and you will definately make it. You could go to the pursers desk and let them know about your flight and you will one of the first groups off. You should be able to get a taxi van that will fit all of you in one vehicle.

if you go to the "miami-airport" site it lists a flat rate for a taxi fransfer...I think it was something like $24 per taxi. I checked car service for you (as that is sometimes about the same price) but I think that option would be quite a bit more....

You should be fine....

You could also do the self disembark. We just got back from a cruise this weekend. Ship was scheduled to arrive at port at 8am, but we arrived at 6:15, they started self disembark at 6:45am.

I would most definitely take a taxi...

Justplaingoofy.

Do you let them know if you are doing a self disembark? Do you carry your own bags?

:confused:

Archived