Elation Capers Posted Today (9 Oct - 14 Oct sailing)

SDPadreFan

Just returned from Elation yesterday (14 Oct 2007). Posted the Carnival Capers (daily newsletter) along with all my Elation photos here.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561045401eSgcLi

Carnival Capers are at the end of the album. You have to click each one, then click "full size" then click the picture one last time to zoom it all the way for best reading. You can also save these photo's of the capers to your computer and then print them out. They will print out full size.

How much changes as far as events scheduled with the backwards trip?

It's really hard to project exactly how the backwards trip will work. We actually had our Formal Night on the same day as our Ensenada stop (which was day 2). It was surprising to us that they had formal night on a port visit day but that is how it worked out. On day 3 (which for you should be Cabo) which was our first full "at sea" day, they had a big late night party on the Lido deck. We did not go to this. Our day 4 (Cabo for us) was normal (I guess) and our day 5 (at sea) was normal as well.

Guess you will just have to plan on being surprised. The Captains Party (they had 2 sessions) was on Formal Night (Ensenada for us). It was nice that they had 2 sessions that allowed everyone to attend. We had the 5:45 seating (had requested 6:15, oh well) and so we went to the party (free drinks) and then dinner, and then did the portrait shots after dinner. Then the evening show at 8:45pm

Do you which night was the Past Guest party?

Past Guest Party for us was at 5pm on day 4 (Cabo). We did not stay for the whole thing because our dinner seating was at 5:45. Got to do most of it though. Funny thing, the drinks were different from the Captains Party.

Captains Party, I remember: Screwdrivers, Lime Daiquiri, Vodka Martini, Manhattan, red wine, etc.

Past Guest Party, I remember: Rum Punch, Blue Margarita, Midori Sour, red wine, etc.

Glad you posted the Capers, I saw that you had 2 new comedians, thats going to be fun but I see they still have that Legends show.

Fred

Personally, I could pass on Alan Bursky but he was included in the Welcome Aboard Show. Did not go to his late night comedy the next evening.

Rhythm was a pretty good show. Jesse Lopez (next night) was also good (sings standards, plays pretty good tenor saxophone and harmonica). We felt the second comedian, Paul Lyons was much better. The "Down Home Blues Show" was also good. Really enjoyed "Spin" (on our 3rd night). The Elations Show Band was really outstanding during this show. Did not make it to the Legends show the final night, we chose to pack instead.

Did you go to the Disco Party? If so was it fun?

Did anyone in your party go to the spa? How was it?

Thanks so much for posting the capers. We're sailing 12-1-07 with cabo 1st then Ensenada.

What did you do in Ensenada? We're scheduled for the wine tour then shopping?

Thanks!

Gwyn

Did you go to the Disco Party? If so was it fun?

Did anyone in your party go to the spa? How was it?

Thanks so much for posting the capers. We're sailing 12-1-07 with cabo 1st then Ensenada.

What did you do in Ensenada? We're scheduled for the wine tour then shopping?

Thanks!

Gwyn

Did not get to the Disco Party or go to the Spa. Our experience with onboard Spa's is that they are way over priced and are constantly trying to sell you their over priced products (lotions, etc). If you want to go to a really great Spa in Cabo, I can recommend the "Belaire Spa", as it is my wife's favorite. They should have a website. We are in Cabo every year for a week as we own a timeshare there. The treatments there run about 1/2 the price of the resorts in Cabo so my wife feels justified in going twice during our week. It is about a 4 block walk from Cabo Wabo, or maybe a $5 cab ride from the Marina.

We did not do any of the late night events because we had my mother-in-law with us for (her) first cruise. She is 81 and spent most of the time in her wheelchair so we were fairly tired by the end of the day. Surprising amount of effort required to push her around all day. shopping, tours of the ship, going through the buffet line, dinner, evening shows, etc. Would do it again in a heartbeat, but we were still pretty tired at the end of the day.

Did not go ashore in Ensenada. As we live in San Diego, Ensenada is no big deal for us. I do understand that the "Wine Country" tour is very good. The one where they actually take you by bus to a vineyard. I think most people are disappointed by the trip to the "blowhole" Carnival must make the most money from this tour as it is the one they push the most.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived