Leaving Luggage at Barrachina's Restaurant

Solara

Have you ever left your luggage at Barrachina's Restaurant in OLD SAN JUAN??? We have a late flight out of San Juan. We are supposed to dock at Pier 4 in OSJ and sounds like a good idea to check our luggage there and look around before we go to the airport later. Do they lock up your luggage????Do you have to eat at the restaurant too??? Thanks!!!!

You are best off first searching the San Juan port thread then if you don't find your answer, post the question there. A broader audience for San Juan facts.

John

I posted twice on the San Juan site and didn't get any answers so I thought I try here.

I have done it, We took a cab and they have a special room where they store peoples luggage. You are not required to eat there but we did the food was pretty good. We did tip the guy. It is such a big help to drop off your luggage when you ahve time to kill in San Juan.

Two years ago,sailing on the Constellation we used the baggage facilities at Barrachina's and were quite pleased.

You pay a small fee per bag(so called tip). The area is secured by an attendant. You do not have to eat there,but we did and would not hesitate doing so again. We walled around Old San Juan, sat in a few of the squares and watched the people (beware of the pigeons--they feed them and they do not fear humans. they are true city chickens!)

Getting a cab to the airport is a breeze. I forget how much it was ,but it was fair.

Hope this answers your questions. Have a good sailing.

What about when you check in after having left your baggage out of your control since you packed it...........one of the standard check in questions??

San Juan's a good place to be truthful with TSA about this: It's just a short boat ride to Gitmo, on Cuba.

Archived